Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nawk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk command Post 302317579 by devtakh on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 10:51:30 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Looks like the field seperator is \][
and zero or many of them.

How does ur inp file look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command clarification

Hi, I am using the following command. nawk '$1==p{$2=sprintf("%09d",$2+1)};1' p=$JOB_NUM q=$LEN $VALUE_TABLE > ./TEMP_TABLE As you can see the code above, I basically read a value from the table VALUE_TABLE and select a particular row based on searching the value JOB_NUM. Now Actually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux_Raju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command not found

Guys, i have an issue. I tried to ran a script and the whole thing was fine.. except when i came to a part, nawk ' BEGIN { machine=0 then system prompted that the nawk command was not to be found... I tried looking for the nawk command by using the "locate" command, and it returns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if within nawk command

I am trying to nawk through a file and if the 24.25.26 charachters in the file are "000" then print a line to a new file in one format, otherwise print a line in a different format. So far I have the following: nawk '/^1/ { if(substr($0,24,3) != 000)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cp command inside nawk

Hello I have facing issue while using cp command inside nawk block. #!/bin/ksh my_name=$1 nawk -v my_name1=$my_name 'BEGIN { n = split(my_name1,names,":"); for (i=1;i<=n;i++) { print names; cpcmd = "cp " /tmp/test.txt" " ./sample system(cpcmd) } exit }' exit 0 i'am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piscean_n
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command in Linux

I have a nawk command I use in Solaris.... ps -e -o comm | nawk -F'ora_pmon_' 'NF>1 {print $2}' However it seems that this command will not work in Linux. Linux bluemarron 2.6.16.54-0.2.12-smp #1 SMP Fri Oct 24 02:16:38 UTC 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux How could I do the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

match 2 files using nawk command

i am matching two files. the files are in the format file_1.txt 1|_|X|_| 2|_|W|_| 3|_|Y|_| 4|_|Z|_| 5|_|U|_| file_2.txt W|_|A|_| Z|_|C|_| V|_|B|_| X|_|D|_|sdff|_| Y|_| file_3.txt should be in the format (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to use NAWK command

Hi, I am using NAWK command to scan a file (test.txt) and to create new files based on the length of lines in the file test.txt. My requirement is I need to create test_good with records having line lenght less than 4 and to create test_bad with records having line lenght more than 4. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command to output in var

Hi I have this command, which counts number of lines in a specific file and then prints it on screen.nawk 'NF{c++}END{print "Number of GPS coordinates in file: "c}' $filename I would like to have the output put into a variable, but can't seem to find the correct argument for it. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulleteyedk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Explanation of Nawk command

Hi Folks, I am struggling to understand nawk command which was used by another developer. Can you please explain what each character or string is doing here below: if ; then (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)