Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: list of devices
Operating Systems HP-UX list of devices Post 302315722 by rene_metaal on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 06:06:34 AM
Old 05-13-2009
ioscan -fnkC disk
And maybe you want to: | grep rdsk | sort -u >>disks.lst
This will also includes the CDROM/DVD, remember to delete that line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 devices

Is it possible to create the CDROM device file for a drive attached to the parallel port? I have a removable CDROM drive (gift - I'm trying not to return it, but may have to anyways) that attaches via parallel port. The only device that I can attach to that hardware address is /dev/c1t0d0_lp, a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix devices

Hi I am trying to determine the access to unix devices. I found the follow access description which I have been told is a symbolic link and is not the actual file. I was also told that all symbolic links will have rwxrwxrwx access. kmem: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 27 May 28 16:06 /dev/kmem ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GW01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing devices

I am new in unix, and I need to fix a printer, but I don't even know the difference between /dev/ttys printers and lp printers. Can someone explain this to me and tell me how I cancel jobs in both of them? I will appreciate it, thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: HN19
15 Replies

4. Solaris

Meta Devices

I have added a sun storage array from a faiulty server onto a new server and copied the md.conf files etc. I can now access the /dev/md/dsk file systems, but I want to delete some metadevices that do not exist (it still thinks the 0 and 1 (root /var /export) disk are mirrored. How do I do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
8 Replies

5. Solaris

what is /devices/pseudo/ ??

Hi all, what does this mean? if then <something> fi here is what i know.. it checks if the specified argument no($devid) in some function call is made into a block device and then proceeds with the execution of the loop. However am not understand what lofi@0:means? also is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev X /devices

Hi folks, I am trying to learn Unix based in Linux... In Linux, in /Dev are files related to cards, mouse, etc.. how about Unix? What is the difference between /Dev and /Devices? Thanks, Fernanda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffpradella
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL command for a list of devices

Hi Please help me to resolve. Question: I can run this command to change the mode of a device with id=500 as below dbc "select device mode=3 where id=500;" How can i run the same query with a file contaning n number of ids ? file1.txt 12 234 34 500 34 45 Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - run sub routine for list of devices

Hi, Can anyone please correct the script such that it run on all the devices in the devicelist.txt file. The problem is when the script runs it only reads the first device in the list, configures the device and exists. Script: The devicelist.txt: device.crs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ARP and Bonjour to build list of user devices

Hi, I want to build a list of the devices that are connected to my network and refresh that list every 10th minute (using an RPi with Raspbian). The host names are obtained by using Bonjour which is easily installed by: sudo apt-get install libnss-mdns To build the list manually, I do like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
2 Replies
did(7)						     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces						    did(7)

NAME
did - user configurable disk id driver DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. Disk ID (DID) is a user configurable pseudo device driver that provides access to underlying disk, tape, and CDROM devices. When the device supports unique device ids, multiple paths to a device are determined according to the device id of the device. Even if multiple paths are available with the same device id, only one DID name is given to the actual device. In a clustered environment, a particular physical device will have the same DID name regardless of its connectivity to more than one host or controller. This, however, is only true of devices that support a global unique device identifier such as physical disks. DID maintains parallel directories for each type of device that it manages under /dev/did. The devices in these directories behave the same as their non-DID counterparts. This includes maintaining slices for disk and CDROM devices as well as names for different tape device behaviors. Both raw and block device access is also supported for disks by means of /dev/did/rdsk and /dev/did/rdsk. At any point in time, I/O is only supported down one path to the device. No multipathing support is currently available through DID. Before a DID device can be used, it must first be initialized by means of the scdidadm(1M) command. IOCTLS
The DID driver maintains an admin node as well as nodes for each DID device minor. No user ioctls are supported by the admin node. The DKIOCINFO ioctl is supported when called against the DID device nodes such as /dev/did/rdsk/d0s2. All other ioctls are passed directly to the driver below. FILES
/dev/did/dsk/dnsm block disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rdsk/dnsm raw disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rmt/n tape device , where n is the device number /dev/did/admin administrative device /kernel/drv/did driver module /kernel/drv/did.conf driver configuration file /etc/did.conf scdidadm configuration file for non-clustered systems Cluster Configuration Repository (CCscdidadm(1M) maintains configuration in the CCR for clustered systems SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), Intro(1CL), cldevice(1CL), scdidadm(1M) NOTES
DID creates names for devices in groups, in order to decrease the overhead during device hot-plug. For disks, device names are created in /dev/did/dsk and /dev/did/rdsk in groups of 100 disks at a time. For tapes, device names are created in /dev/did/rmt in groups of 10 tapes at a time. If more devices are added to the cluster than are handled by the current names, another group will be created. Sun Cluster 3.2 24 April 2001 did(7)