Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: POWER6 VIO Failover
Operating Systems AIX POWER6 VIO Failover Post 302314774 by filosophizer on Sunday 10th of May 2009 05:31:46 AM
Old 05-10-2009
The O/S AIX 6. is from the local disks of VIO.

Local Disks of VIO_1 Server has been assigned to LPARs

Also, does anyone know if there is load balancing option available for VIO

Two VIO servers and One Lpar

can there be a load balancing ?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Oracle 10G best practices on Power6 AIX5.3

Can anyone point me to any best practices for partitioning, resource prerequisites, and implementation of Oracle 10G release 2 with RAC on 2 power6 550's running AIX5.3 as a cluster? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP with VIO, service IP failover

Would anyone please kindly help to solve this problem... An LPAR with the below network configuration. ent0 and ent1 are logical lan (virtual ethernet) from VIO SEA. en0 1.2.3.4 <- boot ip 192.168.1.1 <- persistent ip 192.168.1.10 <- service ip en1 11.22.33.44 <- boot ip When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
6 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Power6 vs. Power7 hardware performance

I know I will get blasted for posting here, not know where to post this, however, I have performance question between the 2 platforms. Not knowing the exact processors in each box, but the Power6 Platform clock speed is 4400 (?? at least what was told to me), and the Power7 clock speed is 3500.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to get power6 power FRU?

how to get power6 power FRU? the power5 can get by this command: lscfg -vp | grep -p 'AC PS' | grep FRU however, the power6 machine cannot get any info for that command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

9. AIX

Hard drive compatibility for POWER6 p520

Hi, I have recently inherited an old p520 from work running AIX 6.1, based on the POWER6 CPU. I'm planning to play around with it and use it to learn the system, so this is a purely personal project. The machine is not under a support contract any more. I am looking to replace one of the disks... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat
11 Replies
bup-fsck(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bup-fsck(1)

NAME
bup-fsck - verify or repair a bup repository SYNOPSIS
bup fsck [-r] [-g] [-v] [--quick] [-j jobs] [--par2-ok] [--disable-par2] [filenames...] DESCRIPTION
bup fsck is a tool for validating bup repositories in the same way that git fsck validates git repositories. It can also generate and/or use "recovery blocks" using the par2(1) tool (if you have it installed). This allows you to recover from dam- aged blocks covering up to 5% of your .pack files. In a normal backup system, damaged blocks are less important, because there tends to be enough data duplicated between backup sets that a single damaged backup set is non-critical. In a deduplicating backup system like bup, however, no block is ever stored more than once, even if it is used in every single backup. If that block were to be unrecoverable, all your backup sets would be damaged at once. Thus, it's important to be able to verify the integrity of your backups and recover from disk errors if they occur. WARNING: bup fsck's recovery features are not available unless you have the free par2(1) package installed on your bup server. WARNING: bup fsck obviously cannot recover from a complete disk failure. If your backups are important, you need to carefully consider redundancy (such as using RAID for multi-disk redundancy, or making off-site backups for site redundancy). OPTIONS
-r, --repair attempt to repair any damaged packs using existing recovery blocks. (Requires par2(1).) -g, --generate generate recovery blocks for any packs that don't already have them. (Requires par2(1).) -v, --verbose increase verbosity (can be used more than once). --quick don't run a full git verify-pack on each pack file; instead just check the final checksum. This can cause a significant speedup with no obvious decrease in reliability. However, you may want to avoid this option if you're paranoid. Has no effect on packs that already have recovery information. -j, --jobs=numjobs maximum number of pack verifications to run at a time. The optimal value for this option depends how fast your CPU can verify packs vs. your disk throughput. If you run too many jobs at once, your disk will get saturated by seeking back and forth between files and performance will actually decrease, even if numjobs is less than the number of CPU cores on your system. You can experiment with this option to find the optimal value. --par2-ok immediately return 0 if par2(1) is installed and working, or 1 otherwise. Do not actually check anything. --disable-par2 pretend that par2(1) is not installed, and ignore all recovery blocks. EXAMPLE
# generate recovery blocks for all packs that don't # have them bup fsck -g # generate recovery blocks for a particular pack bup fsck -g ~/.bup/objects/pack/153a1420cb1c8*.pack # check all packs for correctness (can be very slow!) bup fsck # check all packs for correctness and recover any # damaged ones bup fsck -r # check a particular pack for correctness and recover # it if damaged bup fsck -r ~/.bup/objects/pack/153a1420cb1c8*.pack # check if recovery blocks are available on this system if bup fsck --par2-ok; then echo "par2 is ok" fi SEE ALSO
bup-damage(1), fsck(1), git-fsck(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-fsck(1)