Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: list of devices
Operating Systems HP-UX list of devices Post 302314629 by yoavbe on Saturday 9th of May 2009 02:23:12 AM
Old 05-09-2009
list of devices

Hi,
I need to rediracte all the names of the devices (only disks) to a file.
ThanksSmilie

Last edited by yoavbe; 05-09-2009 at 03:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 devices

Is it possible to create the CDROM device file for a drive attached to the parallel port? I have a removable CDROM drive (gift - I'm trying not to return it, but may have to anyways) that attaches via parallel port. The only device that I can attach to that hardware address is /dev/c1t0d0_lp, a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix devices

Hi I am trying to determine the access to unix devices. I found the follow access description which I have been told is a symbolic link and is not the actual file. I was also told that all symbolic links will have rwxrwxrwx access. kmem: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 27 May 28 16:06 /dev/kmem ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GW01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing devices

I am new in unix, and I need to fix a printer, but I don't even know the difference between /dev/ttys printers and lp printers. Can someone explain this to me and tell me how I cancel jobs in both of them? I will appreciate it, thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: HN19
15 Replies

4. Solaris

Meta Devices

I have added a sun storage array from a faiulty server onto a new server and copied the md.conf files etc. I can now access the /dev/md/dsk file systems, but I want to delete some metadevices that do not exist (it still thinks the 0 and 1 (root /var /export) disk are mirrored. How do I do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
8 Replies

5. Solaris

what is /devices/pseudo/ ??

Hi all, what does this mean? if then <something> fi here is what i know.. it checks if the specified argument no($devid) in some function call is made into a block device and then proceeds with the execution of the loop. However am not understand what lofi@0:means? also is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev X /devices

Hi folks, I am trying to learn Unix based in Linux... In Linux, in /Dev are files related to cards, mouse, etc.. how about Unix? What is the difference between /Dev and /Devices? Thanks, Fernanda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffpradella
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL command for a list of devices

Hi Please help me to resolve. Question: I can run this command to change the mode of a device with id=500 as below dbc "select device mode=3 where id=500;" How can i run the same query with a file contaning n number of ids ? file1.txt 12 234 34 500 34 45 Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - run sub routine for list of devices

Hi, Can anyone please correct the script such that it run on all the devices in the devicelist.txt file. The problem is when the script runs it only reads the first device in the list, configures the device and exists. Script: The devicelist.txt: device.crs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ARP and Bonjour to build list of user devices

Hi, I want to build a list of the devices that are connected to my network and refresh that list every 10th minute (using an RPi with Raspbian). The host names are obtained by using Bonjour which is easily installed by: sudo apt-get install libnss-mdns To build the list manually, I do like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
2 Replies
SCSI(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   SCSI(7)

NAME
SCSI, RAID - Small Computer System Interface SYNOPSIS
dsk#, tape#_d#, cdrom# DESCRIPTION
The operating system interfaces to disk and tape devices through the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI). SCSI support is limited to the Compaq-supplied storage devices and certain third-party devices. To determine which named devices are supported in the default system, refer to the file /etc/ddr.dbase. For example, the following devices are listed therein: Winchester disks: RZ24L, RZ25, RZ25L, RZ25M, RZ28M, RZ29B, RZ55, RZ56, RZ58, RZ73, RZ74, RX23, RX26, RX33, IOMEGA ZIP, RAID (Redundant Arrays of Independent Disks) SCSI controllers: HSZ10, HSZ40, HSZ80 Magnetic tapes: TZ30, TZK11, TLZ06, TKZ09, TKZ60, DLT8000, SDT-10000 Media Changers: TL800, ESL9000 Optical disks: RRD42, RRD43, RRD44 Vendors can add their own devices to ddr.dbase. Refer to the Software Product Description (SPD) for a given release of the operating system for more information on processor-specific device support. Under the operating system, a SCSI device is referred to by a device identifier that is assigned by the operating system. This name has no relationship to the descriptive name of the device, although in previous releases of the operating system disks such as the RZ74 mapped to a system-assigned rz# logical name (where # was the instance number of that disk. Current logical names for SCSI disks and tapes take the forms specified in the rz(8) and tz(7) reference pages, such as dsk? and tape?. Refer to the dsfmgr(8) reference page for the naming conventions for disks, tapes and other devices, such as CD-ROM readers. Refer to the hwmgr(8) reference page for information on determining device names and other device data. SCSI Device Limits The number of possible target device IDs is determined by the controller type and method of connection, such as a multibus connection using fibre channel. Refer to the emx(7) reference page for an example of device addressing. Device Special Files The dsfmgr command creates device special files for all the devices that are attached to SCSI controllers. This event occurs automatically on system startup, and no administrative intervention is required unless an event requires that a device be renamed or its I/O be reas- signed. In such cases, you can use dsfmgr and hwmgr to manage SCSI devices and their associated device special files without the need to calculate values from their Bus, Target ID, and LUN data. RESTRICTIONS
The SCSI device driver is not warrantied to operate with optical disks other than the devices listed in /etc/ddr.dbase/. The SCSI driver attempts to support, on a best-effort basis, disks and magnetic tapes supplied by other vendors. The following notes apply to the driver's handling of disks from other vendors: These disks are identified using the following command: # hwmgr -get attribute -a name This command will return the device name SCSI-WWID (World-Wide Identifier) for all devices on the system, which includes the model name of the device. You can filter the output by specifying categories of devices. Disks are assigned a default partition table. The default table can be modified by editing the ccmn_rzxx_sizes[8] entry in the /usr/sys/data/cam_data.c file. The disklabel command can also be used to modify the partition table on an RZxx disk. RELATED INFORMATION
atapi_ide(7), dsfmgr(8), emx(7), hwmgr(8), rz(7), tz(7), disklabel(8), ddr.dbase(4) delim off SCSI(7)