Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: POWER6 VIO Failover
Operating Systems AIX POWER6 VIO Failover Post 302314059 by homeyjoe on Thursday 7th of May 2009 09:52:34 AM
Old 05-07-2009
Are the physical disks on a SAN or local?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Oracle 10G best practices on Power6 AIX5.3

Can anyone point me to any best practices for partitioning, resource prerequisites, and implementation of Oracle 10G release 2 with RAC on 2 power6 550's running AIX5.3 as a cluster? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP with VIO, service IP failover

Would anyone please kindly help to solve this problem... An LPAR with the below network configuration. ent0 and ent1 are logical lan (virtual ethernet) from VIO SEA. en0 1.2.3.4 <- boot ip 192.168.1.1 <- persistent ip 192.168.1.10 <- service ip en1 11.22.33.44 <- boot ip When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
6 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Power6 vs. Power7 hardware performance

I know I will get blasted for posting here, not know where to post this, however, I have performance question between the 2 platforms. Not knowing the exact processors in each box, but the Power6 Platform clock speed is 4400 (?? at least what was told to me), and the Power7 clock speed is 3500.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to get power6 power FRU?

how to get power6 power FRU? the power5 can get by this command: lscfg -vp | grep -p 'AC PS' | grep FRU however, the power6 machine cannot get any info for that command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

9. AIX

Hard drive compatibility for POWER6 p520

Hi, I have recently inherited an old p520 from work running AIX 6.1, based on the POWER6 CPU. I'm planning to play around with it and use it to learn the system, so this is a purely personal project. The machine is not under a support contract any more. I am looking to replace one of the disks... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat
11 Replies
VGREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGREDUCE(8)

NAME
vgreduce - reduce a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgreduce [-a|--all] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--removemissing] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName [Physi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgreduce allows you to remove one or more unused physical volumes from a volume group. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -a, --all Removes all empty physical volumes if none are given on command line. --removemissing Removes all missing physical volumes from the volume group, if there are no logical volumes allocated on those. This resumes normal operation of the volume group (new logical volumes may again be created, changed and so on). If this is not possible (there are logical volumes referencing the missing physical volumes) and you cannot or do not want to remove them manually, you can run this option with --force to have vgreduce remove any partial LVs. Any logical volumes and dependent snapshots that were partly on the missing disks get removed completely. This includes those parts that lie on disks that are still present. If your logical volumes spanned several disks including the ones that are lost, you might want to try to salvage data first by acti- vating your logical volumes with --partial as described in lvm (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgextend(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) VGREDUCE(8)