Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count script wrapper help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count script wrapper help Post 302312387 by richsark on Friday 1st of May 2009 08:43:27 AM
Old 05-01-2009
HI,

This maybe a clue..

we need to retain the mask bit "/16" or what ever is set on the m-names.txt file when it calls getsubnetlst.exe

This is the code ran manually
./getsubnetlst.exe -u xx -p xx -a 146.149.0.0/16 -t network -o Rich

"East" "146.149.89.0" "Y" "" "146.149.0.0" " " " " "255.255.255.224"
"West" "146.149.89.64" "Y" "" "146.149.0.0" " " " " "255.255.255.224"
"" "146.149.90.0" "Y" "" "146.149.0.0" " " " " "255.255.255.0"
"" "146.149.91.0" "N" "" "146.149.0.0" " " " " "255.255.255.0"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrapper script and how to write

hi guys, I have a requirement to run a script 4 times with different parameter values. the 4 jobs have to run parallely which actually access different data of same table and deletes. how can i achieve this.................? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello, I have the below wrapper script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) { $subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt'; } else { $subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub'; } open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapper script in perl

Hi, I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script. I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so: kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx Which produces tones of names from each template it found: 194Iselin-NJ 33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script Help With Perl Scripts

I have tried looking through wrapper scripts throughout the forum, but I don't think they were able to answer my question (either that or I'm just confused). Basically, I have a Perl script that I want to run in parallel 4 times with parameters, wait for all of them to finish, then run another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper script Oracle look KSH

I have a KSH script that I want to call in a loop for each row in the above table --- new_script.ksh (psuedo code) the contents on this new script would be something like below... for t in (select table_name,schema_name from laod_table) loop /bin/load_table.ksh t.table_name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on wrapper script

Hi Gurus, I need to build a wrapper script which will be passing the loading date and the data file name (provides option to the user to load a single data file or load all the data files) to the actual loader data_load.ksh to load in the database. 1. I want to execute the loader script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
6 Replies
verify(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 verify(8)

NAME
verify - Checks the AdvFS on-disk metadata structures SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/verify [-l | -d] [-v | -q] [-t] [-a | -f] [-F] [-D] domain_name OPTIONS
Checks an active domain. All filesets in the domain must be mounted. Deletes lost files (that is, files with no directory entry). Checks a domain that has been previously mounted with the -o dual option of the mount command. Attempts to fix some corruptions found in the domain; deletes any directory entries that do not have associated files; deletes files that have storage bitmap or extent map problems; corrects some inconsistencies in a storage bitmap. Use this option with caution only when the domain's fileset(s) will not mount and run- ning verify without the -F option exits with the message "verify: can't get set info for domain". When the -F option is used, AdvFS reinitializes the domain transaction log without recovery. As a result, no domain recovery will occur for previously incomplete operations (which can cause data corruption). Creates a hard link to a lost file in the /<mount- point>/lost+found directory. Prints minimal file status information. Displays the mcell totals. Prints file status information. Selecting this option slows down the verify procedure and creates a large volume of output information. OPERANDS
Specifies the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The verify command mounts all the filesets in a domain at temporary mount points to process them and unmounts them when finished. If you have chosen the -a option, existing mount points will be retained. The command checks on-disk structures such as the bitfile metadata table (BMT), the storage bitmaps, the tag directory, and the frag file for each fileset. It verifies that the directory structure is correct and that all directory entries reference a valid file (tag) and that all files (tags) have a directory entry. The verify command checks the storage bitmap for double allocations and missing storage. It checks that all mcells in use belong to a bit- file and that all bitfiles have all of their mcells. The verify command checks the consistency of free lists for mcells and tag directories. It checks that the mcells pointed to by tags in the tag directory match the corresponding mcells. For each fileset in the specified file domain, the verify command checks the frag file headers for consistency. For each file that has a fragment, the frag file is checked to ensure that the frag is marked as in use. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. If you want to run the verify command on the root file domain, choose the -a option to view diagnostic warnings, or boot from another disk or installation CD and use the -f or -d option as shown in the Example section. It is recommended that you run the verify command with the -f option and unmount all filesets in the file domain. This option attempts to repair certain types of metadata inconsistencies and allows the most complete recovery. If you choose the -a option, not all verification tests will be run and no fixes will be made. In addition, if file system activity is occurring, the verify command may report erroneous diagnostic warnings. This is because the utility cross-checks metadata files and, if these are changing, inconsistencies may appear that do not actually exist. Therefore, if you choose the -a option, it is a good idea to run in single-user mode, if possible, and to restrict system activity. If you run the verify command on a fileset that has any other file system (AdvFS or otherwise) mounted on it, an error may result. If you have a fileset erroneously labeled as UFS and it overlaps a fileset labeled AdvFS, an error results. You can recover from this error by changing the erroneously-labeled fileset's fstype field from ufs to unused with the disklabel -s command. After changing the disk label, run the verify command. If the -F option is specified, the verify command mounts the fileset using the mount command with the -d option. Because no recovery is performed, your file domain may become inconsistent. Choose the -D option to run the verify command if the file domain has ever been dual mounted. Running the verify command without the -D option on a domain that has been dual mounted will report setID conflicts for frag files. Running the verify command with the -D option will skip the frag file setID checks. EXIT STATUS
The verify utility returns a 0 (zero) on success if it did not find any corruption and a positive integer on success if it did find corrup- tion. The verify utility returns a -1 on failure. EXAMPLES
The following example verifies the file domain dmnx with the filesets setx and sety: # /sbin/advfs/verify dmnx +++ Domain verification +++ Domain Id 2f9eb70a.000f1db0 Checking disks ... Checking storage allocated on disk /dev/disk/dsk10g Checking storage allocated on disk /dev/disk/dsk10a Checking mcell list ... Checking mcell position field ... Checking tag directories ... +++ Fileset verification +++ +++ Fileset setx +++ Checking frag file headers ... Checking frag file type lists ... Scanning directories and files ... 300 Scanned 307 directories. Scanning tags ... 1100 Scanned a total of 1135 tags. Searching for lost files ... 1100 Searched 1135 tags, no lost files found. +++ Fileset sety +++ Checking frag file headers ... Checking frag file type lists ... Scanning directories and files ... 900 Scanned 911 directories. Scanning tags ... 5100 Scanned a total of 5173 tags. Searching for lost files ... 5100 Searched 5173 tags, no lost files found. # To run the verify command with either the -f or -d options on a root domain, you must boot off another disk or CD-ROM as follows: Boot from your installation CD then exit the installation to the UNIX shell or boot from another system disk. Change to the /etc/fdmns directory: # cd /etc/fdmns Create a temporary domain directory: # mkdir verify_root Change to the newly created directory: # cd verify_root Create a symbolic link in this directory to the disk partition that contains the domain you wish to run the verify command on: # ln -s /dev/disk/dsk3a dsk3a Change back to the root directory (/): # cd / Run the verify command on the temporary domain: # /sbin/advfs/verify -f verify_root Delete the temporary domain # rm -rf /etc/fdmns/verify_root FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), mount(8) Files: advfs(4) verify(8)