Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash]Function returning a boolean Post 302311735 by dolphin06 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:24:09 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Yes it tried, but didnt work the way i want, but i dont know where i m wrong even i m echoing some values.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

2. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

5. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. Programming

Returning local string value from a function in C

Hi, If I have a code like this, what are the potential problems do you see? const char* const retString() { return "hello"; /* string literal */ } My questions are: a) Since the string literal which is already a constant read only data (cannot be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

boolean expression in bash

Can someone, please, help me to make this condition valid/accepted in bash? I really cannot. I'm stuck with the brackets... This one tells me: missing `]' if ]; then # NOTIFY ERROR... fi And... I'd also appreciate a link to bash documents that explain these things. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamboknave
2 Replies

8. Programming

Malloc function returning NULL

Hi All, I am using malloc function for allocating dynamic memory. When I am using below code on Linux server its working fine, but When I am trying the same code on HP UNIX server its returning NULL. below is a fragment of code in which it is giving problem. tmp = (format_tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taher Saifuddin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using boolean expression Bash script

Hi, Im trying to write a Bash script that calculates the least common subnet for two address. Theoretical: I have to change IP from decimal to binary, then apply XNOR on the two IPs. I tried to write this: #!/bin/bash echo "Ebter the first ip" read ip1 echo "Enter the second ip" read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning an exit code from a bash function

How to return a exit code from a function and use it in conditional? I tried the following but it does not seem to work. tests.sh: if test ./load.sh ; then echo "0" else echo "1" fi load.sh: return 1; from command line: $ ./tests.sh 0 I was expecting it to output "1"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
17 Replies
GIMPTOOL(1)							 GIMP Manual Pages						       GIMPTOOL(1)

NAME
gimptool - perform various Gimpy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--uninstall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths Gimp was compiled with. This is especially useful in Makefiles. On Unix, gimptool is a script. On Windows, it is a program. They should be more or less compatible. This manual page describes the Unix script version. OPTIONS
gimptool accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of Gimp on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but dont actually execute them. Same as -n. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the Gimp. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the Gimp. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the Gimp. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the Gimp. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the Gimp. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the Gimp. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the Gimp. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the Gimp. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the Gimp. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the Gimp. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the Gimp. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the Gimp data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the Gimp plugins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a Gimp plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a Gimp plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal Gimp script directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide Gimp script directory (/usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal Gimp plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide Gimp plug-in directory (/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal Gimp script directory ($HOME/.gimp-1.2/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide Gimp script directory (/usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a Gimp plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a Gimp plug-in, for plugins that do not require the GTK libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a Gimp plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a Gimp plug-in for plugins that do not require the GTK libs. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that Gimp was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that Gimp was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
GTK_CONFIG to get the location of the gtk-config program. CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. DESTDIR to add a prefix to the install/uninstall path. LDFLAGS to get the prefered flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . GTK_CONFIG path to the gtk-config shell script used by gimptool and in the build process of many gtk apps. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), gimp-remote(1), gtk-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998 Owen Taylor and Manish Singh Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. Version 1.2.3 26 June 2001 GIMPTOOL(1)