Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash]Function returning a boolean Post 302311735 by dolphin06 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:24:09 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Yes it tried, but didnt work the way i want, but i dont know where i m wrong even i m echoing some values.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

2. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

5. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. Programming

Returning local string value from a function in C

Hi, If I have a code like this, what are the potential problems do you see? const char* const retString() { return "hello"; /* string literal */ } My questions are: a) Since the string literal which is already a constant read only data (cannot be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

boolean expression in bash

Can someone, please, help me to make this condition valid/accepted in bash? I really cannot. I'm stuck with the brackets... This one tells me: missing `]' if ]; then # NOTIFY ERROR... fi And... I'd also appreciate a link to bash documents that explain these things. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamboknave
2 Replies

8. Programming

Malloc function returning NULL

Hi All, I am using malloc function for allocating dynamic memory. When I am using below code on Linux server its working fine, but When I am trying the same code on HP UNIX server its returning NULL. below is a fragment of code in which it is giving problem. tmp = (format_tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taher Saifuddin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using boolean expression Bash script

Hi, Im trying to write a Bash script that calculates the least common subnet for two address. Theoretical: I have to change IP from decimal to binary, then apply XNOR on the two IPs. I tried to write this: #!/bin/bash echo "Ebter the first ip" read ip1 echo "Enter the second ip" read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning an exit code from a bash function

How to return a exit code from a function and use it in conditional? I tried the following but it does not seem to work. tests.sh: if test ./load.sh ; then echo "0" else echo "1" fi load.sh: return 1; from command line: $ ./tests.sh 0 I was expecting it to output "1"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
17 Replies
RIG(6)								   Games Manual 							    RIG(6)

NAME
RIG - Random Identity Generator USAGE
rig [ -f | -m ] [ -d datadir ] [ -c num ] DESCRIPTION
Rig is a utility that will piece together a random first name, last name, street number and address, along with a geographically consistant (ie, they all match the same area) city, state, ZIP code, and area code. It is suitable for such applications as feeding the NY times registration page to fend off junk (snail) mail and telemarketers, or for reg- istering on BBS's to which you don't wish to reveal your real information. OPTIONS
-f, -m Respectively, use female and male names. If neither or both options are selected, RIG uses both female and male names. -d datadir Use data files found in datadir. Without this option, the default directory of /usr/share/rig is assumed. -c num Output num identities. Default is 1. FILES
/usr/share/rig/locdata.idx /usr/share/rig/street.idx /usr/share/rig/fnames.idx /usr/share/rig/mnames.idx /usr/share/rig/lnames.idx HISTORY
Based on "fake" written for MS-DOS. Unfortunately the author and publish date are unknown. First UNIX version written from scratch in 1999. This manpage based on RIG version 1.10. AUTHORS
UNIX version (c) 1999-2002 Ian Turner with contributions from Ian Prowell, Nick Rusnov, and Schneelocke. Geography Database is from the original version and I believe it to be held in the public domain. Names database is from the US Census at http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/ , courtesy of Trent Stanley. Send all comments and bug-reports to: vectro@RIG.sourceforge.net 4 JUN 2002 RIG(6)