Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash]Function returning a boolean Post 302311732 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:15:44 AM
Old 04-29-2009

Did you try it?

Did it work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

2. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

5. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. Programming

Returning local string value from a function in C

Hi, If I have a code like this, what are the potential problems do you see? const char* const retString() { return "hello"; /* string literal */ } My questions are: a) Since the string literal which is already a constant read only data (cannot be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

boolean expression in bash

Can someone, please, help me to make this condition valid/accepted in bash? I really cannot. I'm stuck with the brackets... This one tells me: missing `]' if ]; then # NOTIFY ERROR... fi And... I'd also appreciate a link to bash documents that explain these things. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamboknave
2 Replies

8. Programming

Malloc function returning NULL

Hi All, I am using malloc function for allocating dynamic memory. When I am using below code on Linux server its working fine, but When I am trying the same code on HP UNIX server its returning NULL. below is a fragment of code in which it is giving problem. tmp = (format_tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taher Saifuddin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using boolean expression Bash script

Hi, Im trying to write a Bash script that calculates the least common subnet for two address. Theoretical: I have to change IP from decimal to binary, then apply XNOR on the two IPs. I tried to write this: #!/bin/bash echo "Ebter the first ip" read ip1 echo "Enter the second ip" read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning an exit code from a bash function

How to return a exit code from a function and use it in conditional? I tried the following but it does not seem to work. tests.sh: if test ./load.sh ; then echo "0" else echo "1" fi load.sh: return 1; from command line: $ ./tests.sh 0 I was expecting it to output "1"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
17 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux