Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with storage
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with storage Post 302311536 by sundar3350 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 03:13:05 AM
Old 04-29-2009
oh! thanks for the info... but how to find the power outage?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Some problem about usb mass storage device

Dear linuxers, I have a usb mess storage device. My OS is rh as3 update2. Each time I use the command mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb I got the error "the device is not a valid block device". I found from google that I should install the module sd_mod I use the command insmod sd_mod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with storage of PID's to variables

I have the following problem to be solved: I read a .csv file (tempfile), fetch the values into variables F1 to F5. Variables F1, F2, F3 are parameters used for running a program (blablaprogram). Variable F4 I want to use to store the PID-value in and variable F5 is used for storing the return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zwiebertje11
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun storage L7 Problem

Dear Expert , We have L7 , when we power on we see on lcd messages "drive Post E" , According sun Doc SunSolve , there problem picker or Driver , I try move slot to slot successfully, On Lcd panel i can not see load drive (look like any inside tape in drive , but when i am select eject menu,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadibn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

problem with storage error

Hi gurus I don't understand the below messages as what is going on with my storage Plz kindly suggest what could be the problem Script started on Tue 12 May 2009 09:22:13 AM GMT OMP-root-/salil> uptime 9:22am up 19:44, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.08 OMP-root-/salil> uname -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

5. AIX

IVM Storage Virtual disk problem

Hi, When I try to create a virtual disk in IVM ( integrated Virtual Machine VIO ) I get this message Problems occurred while processing the data. A summary of all problems for this page are listed below. Additional details for each problem may be located next to the field causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to recognize a storage A5100

People i have solaris 9 in a sparc platform i`m tryng to conect a stora edge a5100.When i do a format i don't see the disk, later i do a touch /reconfigure reboot and nothing cant anybody help me? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Perl problem while installing Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi Guys, I am getting some Perl problems during my Veritas Storage Foundation installation on Solaris 10, 64 Bit. The Solaris is running in a Virtual Machine on a MAC: bash-3.00# ./installer Can't load 'perl/lib/5.10.0/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64int/auto/threads/threads.so' for module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korko
0 Replies
HALT(8) 						Linux System Administrator's Manual						   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, reboot, poweroff - stop the system. SYNOPSIS
/sbin/halt [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-i] [-p] [-h] /sbin/reboot [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-i] /sbin/poweroff [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-i] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Halt notes that the system is being brought down in the file /var/log/wtmp, and then either tells the kernel to halt, reboot or power-off the system. If halt or reboot is called when the system is not in runlevel 0 or 6, in other words when it's running normally, shutdown will be invoked instead (with the -h or -r flag). For more info see the shutdown(8) manpage. The rest of this manpage describes the behaviour in runlevels 0 and 6, that is when the systems shutdown scripts are being run. OPTIONS
-n Don't sync before reboot or halt. Note that the kernel and storage drivers may still sync. -w Don't actually reboot or halt but only write the wtmp record (in the /var/log/wtmp file). -d Don't write the wtmp record. The -n flag implies -d. -f Force halt or reboot, don't call shutdown(8). -i Shut down all network interfaces just before halt or reboot. -h Put all hard drives on the system in stand-by mode just before halt or power-off. -p When halting the system, switch off the power. This is the default when halt is called as poweroff. DIAGNOSTICS
If you're not the superuser, you will get the message `must be superuser'. NOTES
Under older sysvinit releases , reboot and halt should never be called directly. From release 2.74 on halt and reboot invoke shutdown(8) if the system is not in runlevel 0 or 6. This means that if halt or reboot cannot find out the current runlevel (for example, when /var/run/utmp hasn't been initialized correctly) shutdown will be called, which might not be what you want. Use the -f flag if you want to do a hard halt or reboot. The -h flag puts all hard disks in standby mode just before halt or power-off. Right now this is only implemented for IDE drives. A side effect of putting the drive in stand-by mode is that the write cache on the disk is flushed. This is important for IDE drives, since the kernel doesn't flush the write cache itself before power-off. The halt program uses /proc/ide/hd* to find all IDE disk devices, which means that /proc needs to be mounted when halt or poweroff is called or the -h switch will do nothing. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8) Nov 6, 2001 HALT(8)