Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with storage
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with storage Post 302311533 by incredible on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 03:00:29 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Its got to do with power, was there any power outage during that time?

Last edited by incredible; 04-29-2009 at 04:09 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Some problem about usb mass storage device

Dear linuxers, I have a usb mess storage device. My OS is rh as3 update2. Each time I use the command mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb I got the error "the device is not a valid block device". I found from google that I should install the module sd_mod I use the command insmod sd_mod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with storage of PID's to variables

I have the following problem to be solved: I read a .csv file (tempfile), fetch the values into variables F1 to F5. Variables F1, F2, F3 are parameters used for running a program (blablaprogram). Variable F4 I want to use to store the PID-value in and variable F5 is used for storing the return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zwiebertje11
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun storage L7 Problem

Dear Expert , We have L7 , when we power on we see on lcd messages "drive Post E" , According sun Doc SunSolve , there problem picker or Driver , I try move slot to slot successfully, On Lcd panel i can not see load drive (look like any inside tape in drive , but when i am select eject menu,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadibn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

problem with storage error

Hi gurus I don't understand the below messages as what is going on with my storage Plz kindly suggest what could be the problem Script started on Tue 12 May 2009 09:22:13 AM GMT OMP-root-/salil> uptime 9:22am up 19:44, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.08 OMP-root-/salil> uname -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

5. AIX

IVM Storage Virtual disk problem

Hi, When I try to create a virtual disk in IVM ( integrated Virtual Machine VIO ) I get this message Problems occurred while processing the data. A summary of all problems for this page are listed below. Additional details for each problem may be located next to the field causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to recognize a storage A5100

People i have solaris 9 in a sparc platform i`m tryng to conect a stora edge a5100.When i do a format i don't see the disk, later i do a touch /reconfigure reboot and nothing cant anybody help me? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Perl problem while installing Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi Guys, I am getting some Perl problems during my Veritas Storage Foundation installation on Solaris 10, 64 Bit. The Solaris is running in a Virtual Machine on a MAC: bash-3.00# ./installer Can't load 'perl/lib/5.10.0/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64int/auto/threads/threads.so' for module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korko
0 Replies
gnome-power-preferences(1)					   User Commands					gnome-power-preferences(1)

NAME
gnome-power-preferences - gnome power preferences GUI SYNOPSIS
gnome-power-preferences [--help] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
gnome-power-preferences is a GUI configuration program. It enables you to configure your preferred desktop power management policies, e.g. blank screen when lid is closed, hibernate system when battery power is low, suspend system when power button is pressed, or let CPU fre- quency dynamically adjust based on process load. Then, these policies are enforced by gnome-power-manager(1). OPTIONS
This program follows the usual command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching gnome-power-preferences with the display of extra debugging messages. example% gnome-power-preferences --verbose EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-power-preferences Executable for gnome power preferences GUI ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-power-manager | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-power-manager(1), gnome-power-statistics(1), attributes(5) NOTES
This manual page was written by Oliver Grawert ogra@ubuntu.com for the Debian system. Updated by Simon Zheng, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2008 gnome-power-preferences(1)