Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running two commands in one line Post 302310934 by abhilash_menon on Monday 27th of April 2009 11:04:27 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Thanks.I got the same as
echo `wc -l outfile2; du -sk outfile2` > xyz.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running start up commands

Hi all How can I setup my shell so that I run a set of commmands or a script every time I login. I am using kshell. I tried putting a line in ./.bash_profile (does not work) Ex.: I want to use vi as the commandline editor so, I want to run the command: set -o vi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands from script

I'm new to unix and I have a fairly simple problem: Lets say I am in a specific directory and I run the command: "dirs" , I get an output of all the folders that i pushed into the stack (as expected), buut, when when I create a script (called test): #! /bin/csh dirs and then i run:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owijust
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable running commands from vi

Hello, We have a requirement to disable running shell commands via vi using "!". Can anybody please suggest how to disable this option. The requirement arises because we open up a xterm window with a config file in vi mode for the customer to edit. After the customer edits the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Umesh_Sharoff
1 Replies

4. Programming

Running UNIX Commands from C

Hi, -How can I get number of files, cpu usage (percentage), memory usage, disk usage, ...etc, using C program ... I can use unix command ( system(command) )but I want the value to be returned back to my C program to use it in my code? How can I do that? Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed commands

Hello I need to run some sed commands but it involves "/" in the substitute or delete, any ideas how I get round the problem. Example: cat file1.txt | sed -e '/</Header>/d' > file2.txt This errors due to the forward slash before the Header text. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Running oracle commands Directly from Command Line

In mysql, I can get what I want from a database without having to log into mysql. works great for me and it is perfect. now, i want to be able to do the same in oracle but I dont know how to. For example, if i want to retrieve information from the mysql database from the command line, i issue... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code for running commands one after other

I need an if code in shell script where it should continue to further commands after succesfully installing the executable file. i.e. /run installer is continuing but in the middle it executes further commands like "cp /root/user which were given after /run installer. I want /runinstaller... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Echo out running commands

Is there any way in a script to print out the commands being ran? In DOS script, there is the "@echo on" and "@echo off". so I have a script like this: #!/bin/ksh echo "hello there. moving files." <turn on echoing here> cp thisfile.txt thatfile.txt cp whatfile.prop whyfile.prop <turn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronron5477
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running commands in backgroud

I have a small question may be this will be discussed before I have two files file1 and file2 with huge data and I am running the commands as cat file1 |sort & cat file2 |sort & If the session is got disconnected or logout will this command run in background, or shall we use nohup (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running two commands in background

Hi I want to run two commands in background, i am using below way, but it is not working, i m calling these two commands from one script to another server where below commands are running, in my script ssh is working fine, but command is not going in background, please advise what should i do. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
10 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)					     MIT X11R4						  BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)

Name
       BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf-
       Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max-
       CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and
       macros

Syntax
       BlackPixelOfScreen(screen)

WhitePixelOfScreen(screen)

CellsOfScreen(screen)

DefaultColormapOfScreen(screen)

DefaultDepthOfScreen(screen)

DefaultGCOfScreen(screen)

DefaultVisualOfScreen(screen)

DoesBackingStore(screen)

DoesSaveUnders(screen)

DisplayOfScreen(screen)

int XScreenNumberOfScreen(screen)
	  Screen *screen;

EventMaskOfScreen(screen)

HeightOfScreen(screen)

HeightMMOfScreen(screen)

MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen)

MinCmapsOfScreen(screen)

PlanesOfScreen(screen)

RootWindowOfScreen(screen)

WidthOfScreen(screen)

WidthMMOfScreen(screen)

Arguments
       screen	 Specifies a pointer to the appropriate structure.

Description
       The macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen.

The macro returns the default visual of the specified screen.

The macro returns or which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores.

The macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders.

The macro returns the display of the specified screen.

The function returns the screen index number of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters.

The macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters.

See Also
       AllPlanes(3X11), ImageByteOrder(3X11), IsCursorKey(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)