Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bashrc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bashrc Post 302310387 by jim mcnamara on Friday 24th of April 2009 02:24:44 PM
Old 04-24-2009
It would require changing the /etc/profile file on each unix machine in the network.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from bashrc to sh..??

:) as soon as i installed my software a couple of weeks ago.. (fedora core 2 vs, 2.6.8-1.521) i decided to switch the shell to sh shell and i know that .bashrc is the bash profile file(???) i want to use the sh version of the same file and make it the main profile file.. how can I switch it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sourcing the .bashrc

Hello, I am quite new to Linux... I need to set some aliases and I can't get it to work. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? I modified the .bashrc file in my home directory. I added: alias pmv= '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv' saved it and ran source .bashrc The shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nusy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having trouble with .bashrc

hey guys, Im trying to find all my .bashrc files in the home directory. ~/etc/bash.bashrc is the only thing i can find but its outside of my /home Could the files be hidden? I want to see all my .bashrc files in my /home structure... <cries> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc question

Hi, I was instructed to find all the .bashrc files on my system, that MODIFY the PS1 varaible. here is what i've come up with so far: ls / .bashrc -print woo. But thats not all. I need to display the full file name ( Including the full path ) and protection. - I can display... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc revisisted

hey guys, i've tried countless times to do this and have come up with: find / type -f ".bashrc" -exec grep PS1 '{}' \; 2>/dev/null | ls -l which tells bash: find all the files in the system with the name .bashrc and look for modifcations to PS1 and terminate and rediret error msgs... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Ubuntu

/etc/bashrc umask

Hi, I got this redhat ent 4 assigned to me now. /etc/bashrc if ; then umask 022 else umask 077 fi What does it mean? I created already three user and it never had 022 umask, always 077. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i look for my .bashrc file

hi i am using cygwin and would like to modify my .bashrc file. How can search to find where it is? I have looked at multiple bashrc file in /etc but none of them seemed to work..thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unset .bashrc

Could someone please tell me how to unset your .bashrc? I have tried all of these. I can't find anything useful from google. unset -f .bashrc unset .bashrc (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get $1 parameter in ~/.bashrc

Hi, i am trying to convert windows path to linux and do some action on equivalent mounted one for the same in linux. echo '\\server1\source\path\needed_files' | sed -e 's!\\!/!g' | sed -e 's!^//!/!' | sed -e 's!\(/server1/source/path\)\(.*\)!/home/$USER/mount/server1\2!'output: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
5 Replies
wicd-cli(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       wicd-cli(8)

NAME
wicd-cli - command-line interface to wicd SYNOPSIS
wicd-cli [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wicd-cli command. wicd-cli is a scriptable command-line only "client" for wicd. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -n network-id, --network=network-id Specify which network wicd-cli should act on. -p property, --network-property=property Show property from network details. -s value, --set-to=value Set selected property to value -m name, --name=name Set the name for the profile to load/save to name. -S, --scan Scan available wireless networks. -w, --save Save the network connection profile. -l, --list-networks List the networks WICD has in its cache. -d, --network-details Show details of selected network. -x, --disconnect Disconnect from the current network. -c, --connect Connect to the selected network. -e, --list-encryption-types View the available encryption templates WICD can use. -y, --wireless Use the wireless interface. -z, --wired Use the wired interface. -o, --load-profile Load a wired connection profile. SEE ALSO
wicd(1), wicd-client(1), wicd-gtk(8), wicd-curses(8) AUTHOR
wicd-cli was written by Ronuk Raval. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Dec 2009 wicd-cli(8)