Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bashrc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bashrc Post 302310385 by lassimanji on Friday 24th of April 2009 02:21:29 PM
Old 04-24-2009
bashrc

i have made a few changes to my bashrc file...have set a few environmental variable that my shell scripts use. Is there any way that these changes can reflect in evryone else's bashrc who are in the network or do all of them have to copy those changes to their own bashrc file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from bashrc to sh..??

:) as soon as i installed my software a couple of weeks ago.. (fedora core 2 vs, 2.6.8-1.521) i decided to switch the shell to sh shell and i know that .bashrc is the bash profile file(???) i want to use the sh version of the same file and make it the main profile file.. how can I switch it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sourcing the .bashrc

Hello, I am quite new to Linux... I need to set some aliases and I can't get it to work. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? I modified the .bashrc file in my home directory. I added: alias pmv= '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv' saved it and ran source .bashrc The shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nusy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having trouble with .bashrc

hey guys, Im trying to find all my .bashrc files in the home directory. ~/etc/bash.bashrc is the only thing i can find but its outside of my /home Could the files be hidden? I want to see all my .bashrc files in my /home structure... <cries> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc question

Hi, I was instructed to find all the .bashrc files on my system, that MODIFY the PS1 varaible. here is what i've come up with so far: ls / .bashrc -print woo. But thats not all. I need to display the full file name ( Including the full path ) and protection. - I can display... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc revisisted

hey guys, i've tried countless times to do this and have come up with: find / type -f ".bashrc" -exec grep PS1 '{}' \; 2>/dev/null | ls -l which tells bash: find all the files in the system with the name .bashrc and look for modifcations to PS1 and terminate and rediret error msgs... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Ubuntu

/etc/bashrc umask

Hi, I got this redhat ent 4 assigned to me now. /etc/bashrc if ; then umask 022 else umask 077 fi What does it mean? I created already three user and it never had 022 umask, always 077. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i look for my .bashrc file

hi i am using cygwin and would like to modify my .bashrc file. How can search to find where it is? I have looked at multiple bashrc file in /etc but none of them seemed to work..thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unset .bashrc

Could someone please tell me how to unset your .bashrc? I have tried all of these. I can't find anything useful from google. unset -f .bashrc unset .bashrc (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get $1 parameter in ~/.bashrc

Hi, i am trying to convert windows path to linux and do some action on equivalent mounted one for the same in linux. echo '\\server1\source\path\needed_files' | sed -e 's!\\!/!g' | sed -e 's!^//!/!' | sed -e 's!\(/server1/source/path\)\(.*\)!/home/$USER/mount/server1\2!'output: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
5 Replies
GIT-FETCH-PACK(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-FETCH-PACK(1)

NAME
git-fetch-pack - Receive missing objects from another repository SYNOPSIS
git fetch-pack [--all] [--quiet|-q] [--keep|-k] [--thin] [--include-tag] [--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>] [--depth=<n>] [--no-progress] [-v] [<host>:]<directory> [<refs>...] DESCRIPTION
Usually you would want to use git fetch, which is a higher level wrapper of this command, instead. Invokes git-upload-pack on a possibly remote repository and asks it to send objects missing from this repository, to update the named heads. The list of commits available locally is found out by scanning the local refs/ hierarchy and sent to git-upload-pack running on the other end. This command degenerates to download everything to complete the asked refs from the remote side when the local side does not have a common ancestor commit. OPTIONS
--all Fetch all remote refs. --stdin Take the list of refs from stdin, one per line. If there are refs specified on the command line in addition to this option, then the refs from stdin are processed after those on the command line. If --stateless-rpc is specified together with this option then the list of refs must be in packet format (pkt-line). Each ref must be in a separate packet, and the list must end with a flush packet. -q, --quiet Pass -q flag to git unpack-objects; this makes the cloning process less verbose. -k, --keep Do not invoke git unpack-objects on received data, but create a single packfile out of it instead, and store it in the object database. If provided twice then the pack is locked against repacking. --thin Fetch a "thin" pack, which records objects in deltified form based on objects not included in the pack to reduce network traffic. --include-tag If the remote side supports it, annotated tags objects will be downloaded on the same connection as the other objects if the object the tag references is downloaded. The caller must otherwise determine the tags this option made available. --upload-pack=<git-upload-pack> Use this to specify the path to git-upload-pack on the remote side, if is not found on your $PATH. Installations of sshd ignores the user's environment setup scripts for login shells (e.g. .bash_profile) and your privately installed git may not be found on the system default $PATH. Another workaround suggested is to set up your $PATH in ".bashrc", but this flag is for people who do not want to pay the overhead for non-interactive shells by having a lean .bashrc file (they set most of the things up in .bash_profile). --exec=<git-upload-pack> Same as --upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>. --depth=<n> Limit fetching to ancestor-chains not longer than n. --no-progress Do not show the progress. -v Run verbosely. <host> A remote host that houses the repository. When this part is specified, git-upload-pack is invoked via ssh. <directory> The repository to sync from. <refs>... The remote heads to update from. This is relative to $GIT_DIR (e.g. "HEAD", "refs/heads/master"). When unspecified, update from all heads the remote side has. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-FETCH-PACK(1)