Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache2 PHP5 not starting
Operating Systems Solaris Apache2 PHP5 not starting Post 302309847 by cbkihong on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 03:58:21 AM
Old 04-23-2009
No, don't put it in the apache modules. Put a link (a copy) at the system library directory that is on the search path.

Use crle(1) to check what are on the search path.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
link(2) 							System Calls Manual							   link(2)

NAME
link() - link to a file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call creates a new link (directory entry) for the existing file. path1 points to a path name naming an existing file. path2 points to a path name naming the new directory entry to be created. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets (see errno(2)) to indicate the error. ERRORS
The system call fails and no link is created if one or more of the following is true: A component of either path prefix denies search permission. The requested link requires writing in a directory that does not permit writing. The user's or group's disk quota block limit has been reached for this file system. The link named by path2 exists. path points outside the allocated address space of the process. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating either path name. The maximum number of links to a file would be exceeded. Either the specified path exceeds bytes, or a component of either specified path exceeds while is in effect. The file named by path1 does not exist. A component of either path prefix does not exist. path2 points to a null path name. path1 or path2 is null. The directory to contain the file cannot be extended. A component of either path prefix is not a directory. The file named by path1 is a directory and the effective user ID is not a user who has appropriate privileges. Some file systems return this error whenever path1 names a directory, regardless of the user ID. The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system. The link named by path2 and the file named by path1 are on different logical devices (file systems). SEE ALSO
cp(1), link(1M), symlink(2), unlink(2), symlink(4), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
link(2)