Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache2 PHP5 not starting
Operating Systems Solaris Apache2 PHP5 not starting Post 302309847 by cbkihong on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 03:58:21 AM
Old 04-23-2009
No, don't put it in the apache modules. Put a link (a copy) at the system library directory that is on the search path.

Use crle(1) to check what are on the search path.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
modpath(2)							System Calls Manual							modpath(2)

NAME
modpath - change global search path for dynamically loadable kernel modules SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
allows processes with appropriate privilege to modify the global search path used to locate object files for dynamically loadable kernel modules. The search path modifications take effect immediately and affect all subsequent loads for all users on the system. pathname may be either a colon-separated list of absolute path names or NULL. If the former, these path names represent directories which should be searched for all autoloads of loadable kernel modules and for demand loads (see modload(2)) where the module is given by a simple file name. This list of directories will be prepended to the existing list of directories and so will be searched before any directories given in previous calls to and before the default location which is always searched last. The directories do not have to exist on the sys- tem at the time is called, or when a load actually takes place. If pathname is equal to NULL, the global search path is set back to its initial default value, Notes is currently implemented as a macro. Module search path is not persistent across boots. Security Restrictions is restricted to superuser processes or privileged processes. A privileged process requires the privilege to execute the system call. See privileges(5) for more information about the privilege. RETURN VALUE
On success, returns 0, otherwise it returns -1 and sets to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following are true: The list of directories specified by pathname is malformed. The Dynamically Loadable Kernel Module feature is not initialized. pathname is more than characters long. The caller is not a superuser process or a privileged process. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), modload(2), privileges(5). modpath(2)