Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Zones
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Zones Post 302305103 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 02:25:18 AM
Old 04-08-2009
please read the zone documentation from sun. all questions are answered there. get the docs at:

System Administration Guide: Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Solaris Zones - Sun Microsystems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Zones

okay people i need some help: i was able to configure zones on my solaris 10 server, the problem is I can't ssh into the zones!!! I can zlogin -C zone2 successfully for both zones. Am I missing something? I can ping the zones, but can't ssh. From the zones, I can ping my global server. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi All, I am getting zone error # /usr/sbin/zoneadm -z asflxpoc1 boot -s could not verify net address=169.185.246.229 physical=ce0: No such device or address could not verify net address=169.185.246.230 physical=ce0: No such device or address Any ideas for this error message. The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Regarding Solaris Zones

Hello All, I have a list of Local Zones in my list. I want to find out their Global Zone names exactly....I know the command "arp ..."But I dont know how to filter it correctly and find it out. Thanks in advance, Jacky (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zones

I have a Solaris 10 box configured with a global zone and 3 non-global zones. All of the zones need to be configured so they can access and run an application in the global zone located at /export/home. How do i make this application and all of its accompanying files available to the 3 non-global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi, I created a zone with separate /usr for the zone. when I do ping to newly created zone it showing alive, I am able to login through zone console zlogin -C -E <zone name> I created a test account on zone which is already existing under global zone and try to ssh, it is working fine but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alberto
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris zones and PATH

Hi, I use a zoned solaris box, 5.10 Generic_118833-33, E2900. It is used for both a database and application. The databases are installated on one zone and then there are separate live, development and test application zones. There has been a requirement to install openldap on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Zones

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on solaris zones earlier. I have a query regarding the zones. We have MQ software installed on a solaris container. I am not sure on which zone this s/w is intalled. I have logged into this container via putty. When I search for the package, I got the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi guys and gals, Does anyone know how to import solaris zones from the xml files that sit in /etc/zones? I want the zones from one machine to another, all I have is the XML files for the zones, so I can't export them first. Thanks in advance Martin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
usb_ia(7D)							      Devices								usb_ia(7D)

NAME
usb_ia - USB interface association driver SYNOPSIS
interface association@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The usb_ia driver is a USBA (Solaris Universal Serial Bus Architecture)-compliant nexus driver that binds to a device's interface associa- tion nodes when no vendor or class specific driver is available. To do this, usb_ia creates nodes for the internal interfaces and then attempts to bind drivers to each child interface. Each interface association node has a parent device node that is created by usb_mid(7D) and all ugen(7D) interfaces are exported by usb_mid(7D). (Note: attempting to export ugen(7D) interfaces using usb_ia is prohibited.) FILES
/kernel/drv/usb_ia 32-bit ELF kernel module. (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/usb_ia 64-bit ELF kernel module. (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usb_ia 64-bit ELF kernel module. (SPARC). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC & x86 PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5),ugen(7D), usb_mid(7D), usba(7D) Writing Device Drivers System Administration Guide: Basic Administration Universal Serial Bus Specification 2.0 -- 2000 Interface Association Descriptor Engineering Change Notice (ECN)--2003 http://www.sun.com/io http://docs.sun.com DIAGNOSTICS
In addition to being logged, the following messages may appear on the system console. All messages are formatted in the following man- ner: <device path> (usb_ia<instance num>):message... No driver found for interface <n> (nodename: <string>) of <device>. No driver is available for this interface. SunOS 5.11 21 Dec 2006 usb_ia(7D)