Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX User unlock problem in Tru64 4.0F Server Post 302303633 by madanmb on Friday 3rd of April 2009 06:45:03 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Data User unlock problem in Tru64 4.0F Server

Hi Friends

We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error

/usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username
account manager has exited unexpectedly - please file a problem report
Resources lost(coredump)

I am also unable to open Account Manager in Xmanager I am getting the same error message as usermod command.

When I view my /etc/passwd file it's showing some garbage values, I have also rebooted my server but the problem remains same.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 UNIX log in problem

I'm using Tru64 UNIX 4.0 . I restarted the machine and I tried to log in again as an user I get a message saying No directory!. The system log me in as a superuser. I checked and the directory actually is not there. I'm pretty sure that i didn't deleted it. If someone have a clue of what is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iigp1974
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please Help with Tru64 CDE problem

When using the GUI we are unable to bring up the window for printer. We go through Applications/configuration/print this is the window that will not work all the other windows work ! Would anyone have any idea how to correct this and make the print window appear ???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to unlock user ID in solaris?

I only able to lock user ID with passwd -l username It seems there is no option for me to unlock ID in solaris? Is there any command as below? passwd -u username Appreciate someome can share with me the way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Tru64 How to identify what causes the server to go down?

Hi All, I need some pointers, advice, tips & anything that can help me figure out what's causing our OSF1 xxx.xx.xxx.xxx V5.1 2650 alpha to go down unexpectedly. It's gone down 3 times in the past 5 days. I'm still new to unix administration, so appreciate if you could share your wealth of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 User administration

Hey guys how do you check if an account is locked in tru64, and how do you unlock it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to unlock users in Tru64

Hi Friends We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error /usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username account manager has exited unexpectedly - please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmb
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

not able to unlock user

Hi, not able to unlock user eventhough executed /usr/lbin/modprpw -k username Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Problem with vdump command on TRU64

Hi all, I have a system with TRU64 system (quite old). I use to run script to make save of important system partitions. The command to save the partition "/" is : /sbin/vdump -0uDf /mnt/Sauvegarde/dump/slash.dump.0 /. (/mnt/Sauvegarde is NFS mounted, but this is no matter) This script ran for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

PAM: Unlock user account after 30mins

Hi We have these specific requirements for a bunch of servers we have and cannot seem to get pam to behave in this way. We would like: PAM locks accounts if pam tally reaches 10. PAM unlocks the account after 30mins from locking it, and resets the pam_tally. The key is that we don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoop2048
0 Replies
vb(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     vb(7)

NAME
vb, sys_attrs_vme_vba - VMEbus backplane Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
controller vb0 at vba0 DESCRIPTION
The VMEbus backplane (vb) interface provides access to an Ethernet network through the VMEbus backplane driver, which acts as an Ethernet Datalink Layer driver. This interface allows VMEbus-based systems to communicate directly over the VMEbus to other VMEbus-based systems on the same backplane, or on other Ethernet connected systems outside the backplane through a gateway node on the backplane. Both the Tru64 UNIX and VxWorks for Alpha (Version 3.1 or higher) software support the vb driver as well as communication between these systems on the same backplane. The Tru64 UNIX vb driver is supported on AXPvme and Alpha VME SBCs and Alpha VME 2100 systems. The VMEbus backplane interface requires you to modify the /etc/sysconfigtab file on your AXPvme or Alpha VME system in order to configure the vb driver and to map VMEbus windows for the system. Mapping the VMEbus windows on one node requires knowledge about every node in the vb network. Note Do not modify any vme_vba kernel subsystem attributes. To configure a vb network node, you modify attributes of the vb driver (vb:) and the system's VMEbus adapter (vba_vipvic: or vba_univ:). See System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms for detailed information about the use of the vb interface on Alpha VME systems, includ- ing the following topics: VMEbus backplane (vb) network overview Configuring vb network nodes Modifying vb driver attributes Modifying vba_vipvic adapter attributes Modifying vba_univ adapter attributes Examples Related ioctl commands Diagnostic messages Errors RELATED INFORMATION
Interfaces: sys_attrs_vba_vipvic(7), sys_attrs_vba_univ(7), sysconfigdb(8) Network Administration, System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms delim off vb(7)