Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: / filesystem getting full
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat / filesystem getting full Post 302303328 by itik on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 11:15:56 AM
Old 04-02-2009
You can use

ext2online -v /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

instead of "resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00", to extend an online / fs

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem Full

I noticed that whenever something is printed from my workstation, the available disk space in the /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 decreases considerably. Hence, after using my workstation for sometime, I encounter an error message: "Filesystem Full" that prevents me from printing any further. Is there a way to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/tmp filesystem full

I am running AIX 3 4. When I do a df I get: Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 10232 69% 1309 16% / /dev/hd2 917504 86360 91% 19744 18% /usr /dev/hd9var 131072 67712 49% 617 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: szodiac
11 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem is full

Hello everybody, a very basic question. Inspite of me deleting huge files in a filesystem(AIX 5.3) in oracle folder, the filesystem when i check using df -k still shows 100% full. Does that mean there is a process still pointing to the files which i deleted. how do i work around this. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

7. AIX

What is the cause of USR filesystem full

we are using aix 5.3 and we notice that the filesystem /usr is almost full. we have an oracle database running on the server.what are the cause why this filesystem is almost full.what should we do to free some space on this filesystem beside increase the size?thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulexis
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Filesystem Full

In our shop we have to run a batch cycle. Every so often while we are running batch we get a filesystem full situation that causes batch to stop or slow down. Anyway, the practiced procedure is to look for large files and zip them. This takes a lot of time. We are in a sun solaris environment. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

9. AIX

Livedump filesystem almost full

Guy's I'm getting this message Livedump filesystem almost full in errpt logs and its meanning this file system /var/adm/ras/livedump /var has more than 1.5 GB free space .. why I'm getting that message and .. Pls advice to to avoide it ---------- Post updated 03-21-11 at 01:39 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies
PT-SUMMARY(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    PT-SUMMARY(1p)

NAME
pt-summary - Summarize system information nicely. SYNOPSIS
Usage: pt-summary pt-summary conveniently summarizes the status and configuration of a server. It is not a tuning tool or diagnosis tool. It produces a report that is easy to diff and can be pasted into emails without losing the formatting. This tool works well on many types of Unix systems. Download and run: wget http://percona.com/get/pt-summary bash ./pt-summary RISKS
The following section is included to inform users about the potential risks, whether known or unknown, of using this tool. The two main categories of risks are those created by the nature of the tool (e.g. read-only tools vs. read-write tools) and those created by bugs. pt-summary is a read-only tool. It should be very low-risk. At the time of this release, we know of no bugs that could harm users. The authoritative source for updated information is always the online issue tracking system. Issues that affect this tool will be marked as such. You can see a list of such issues at the following URL: http://www.percona.com/bugs/pt-summary <http://www.percona.com/bugs/pt- summary>. See also "BUGS" for more information on filing bugs and getting help. DESCRIPTION
pt-summary runs a large variety of commands to inspect system status and configuration, saves the output into files in a temporary directory, and then runs Unix commands on these results to format them nicely. It works best when executed as a privileged user, but will also work without privileges, although some output might not be possible to generate without root. OUTPUT
Many of the outputs from this tool are deliberately rounded to show their magnitude but not the exact detail. This is called fuzzy- rounding. The idea is that it doesn't matter whether a particular counter is 918 or 921; such a small variation is insignificant, and only makes the output hard to compare to other servers. Fuzzy-rounding rounds in larger increments as the input grows. It begins by rounding to the nearest 5, then the nearest 10, nearest 25, and then repeats by a factor of 10 larger (50, 100, 250), and so on, as the input grows. The following is a simple report generated from a CentOS virtual machine, broken into sections with commentary following each section. Some long lines are reformatted for clarity when reading this documentation as a manual page in a terminal. # Percona Toolkit System Summary Report ###################### Date | 2012-03-30 00:58:07 UTC (local TZ: EDT -0400) Hostname | localhost.localdomain Uptime | 20:58:06 up 1 day, 20 min, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.18, 0.18 System | innotek GmbH; VirtualBox; v1.2 () Service Tag | 0 Platform | Linux Release | CentOS release 5.5 (Final) Kernel | 2.6.18-194.el5 Architecture | CPU = 32-bit, OS = 32-bit Threading | NPTL 2.5 Compiler | GNU CC version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48). SELinux | Enforcing Virtualized | VirtualBox This section shows the current date and time, and a synopsis of the server and operating system. # Processor ################################################## Processors | physical = 1, cores = 0, virtual = 1, hyperthreading = no Speeds | 1x2510.626 Models | 1xIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz Caches | 1x6144 KB This section is derived from /proc/cpuinfo. # Memory ##################################################### Total | 503.2M Free | 29.0M Used | physical = 474.2M, swap allocated = 1.0M, swap used = 16.0k, virtual = 474.3M Buffers | 33.9M Caches | 262.6M Dirty | 396 kB UsedRSS | 201.9M Swappiness | 60 DirtyPolicy | 40, 10 Locator Size Speed Form Factor Type Type Detail ======= ==== ===== =========== ==== =========== Information about memory is gathered from "free". The Used statistic is the total of the rss sizes displayed by "ps". The Dirty statistic for the cached value comes from /proc/meminfo. On Linux, the swappiness settings are gathered from "sysctl". The final portion of this section is a table of the DIMMs, which comes from "dmidecode". In this example there is no output. # Mounted Filesystems ######################################## Filesystem Size Used Type Opts Mountpoint /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 15G 17% ext3 rw / /dev/sda1 99M 13% ext3 rw /boot tmpfs 252M 0% tmpfs rw /dev/shm The mounted filesystem section is a combination of information from "mount" and "df". This section is skipped if you disable "--summarize-mounts". # Disk Schedulers And Queue Size ############################# dm-0 | UNREADABLE dm-1 | UNREADABLE hdc | [cfq] 128 md0 | UNREADABLE sda | [cfq] 128 The disk scheduler information is extracted from the /sys filesystem in Linux. # Disk Partioning ############################################ Device Type Start End Size ============ ==== ========== ========== ================== /dev/sda Disk 17179869184 /dev/sda1 Part 1 13 98703360 /dev/sda2 Part 14 2088 17059230720 Information about disk partitioning comes from "fdisk -l". # Kernel Inode State ######################################### dentry-state | 10697 8559 45 0 0 0 file-nr | 960 0 50539 inode-nr | 14059 8139 These lines are from the files of the same name in the /proc/sys/fs directory on Linux. Read the "proc" man page to learn about the meaning of these files on your system. # LVM Volumes ################################################ LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% Convert LogVol00 VolGroup00 -wi-ao 269.00G LogVol01 VolGroup00 -wi-ao 9.75G This section shows the output of "lvs". # RAID Controller ############################################ Controller | No RAID controller detected The tool can detect a variety of RAID controllers by examining "lspci" and "dmesg" information. If the controller software is installed on the system, in many cases it is able to execute status commands and show a summary of the RAID controller's status and configuration. If your system is not supported, please file a bug report. # Network Config ############################################# Controller | Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller FIN Timeout | 60 Port Range | 61000 The network controllers attached to the system are detected from "lspci". The TCP/IP protocol configuration parameters are extracted from "sysctl". You can skip this section by disabling the "--summarize-network" option. # Interface Statistics ####################################### interface rx_bytes rx_packets rx_errors tx_bytes tx_packets tx_errors ========= ======== ========== ========= ======== ========== ========= lo 60000000 12500 0 60000000 12500 0 eth0 15000000 80000 0 1500000 10000 0 sit0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Interface statistics are gathered from "ip -s link" and are fuzzy-rounded. The columns are received and transmitted bytes, packets, and errors. You can skip this section by disabling the "--summarize-network" option. # Network Connections ######################################## Connections from remote IP addresses 127.0.0.1 2 Connections to local IP addresses 127.0.0.1 2 Connections to top 10 local ports 38346 1 60875 1 States of connections ESTABLISHED 5 LISTEN 8 This section shows a summary of network connections, retrieved from "netstat" and "fuzzy-rounded" to make them easier to compare when the numbers grow large. There are two sub-sections showing how many connections there are per origin and destination IP address, and a sub- section showing the count of ports in use. The section ends with the count of the network connections' states. You can skip this section by disabling the "--summarize-network" option. # Top Processes ############################################## PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND 1 root 15 0 2072 628 540 S 0.0 0.1 0:02.55 init 2 root RT -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 migration/0 3 root 34 19 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.03 ksoftirqd/0 4 root RT -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 watchdog/0 5 root 10 -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.97 events/0 6 root 10 -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 khelper 7 root 10 -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 kthread 10 root 10 -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.13 kblockd/0 11 root 20 -5 0 0 0 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 kacpid # Notable Processes ########################################## PID OOM COMMAND 2028 +0 sshd This section shows the first few lines of "top" so that you can see what processes are actively using CPU time. The notable processes include the SSH daemon and any process whose out-of-memory-killer priority is set to 17. You can skip this section by disabling the "--summarize-processes" option. # Simplified and fuzzy rounded vmstat (wait please) ########## procs ---swap-- -----io---- ---system---- --------cpu-------- r b si so bi bo ir cs us sy il wa st 2 0 0 0 3 15 30 125 0 0 99 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1250 800 6 10 84 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 125 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 125 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 450 1000 125 0 1 88 11 0 # The End #################################################### This section is a trimmed-down sample of "vmstat 1 5", so you can see the general status of the system at present. The values in the table are fuzzy-rounded, except for the CPU columns. You can skip this section by disabling the "--summarize-processes" option. OPTIONS
--config type: string Read this comma-separated list of config files. If specified, this must be the first option on the command line. --help Print help and exit. --save-samples type: string Save the collected data in this directory. --read-samples type: string Create a report from the files in this directory. --summarize-mounts default: yes; negatable: yes Report on mounted filesystems and disk usage. --summarize-network default: yes; negatable: yes Report on network controllers and configuration. --summarize-processes default: yes; negatable: yes Report on top processes and "vmstat" output. --sleep type: int; default: 5 How long to sleep when gathering samples from vmstat. --version Print tool's version and exit. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
This tool requires the Bourne shell (/bin/sh). BUGS
For a list of known bugs, see http://www.percona.com/bugs/pt-summary <http://www.percona.com/bugs/pt-summary>. Please report bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-toolkit <https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-toolkit>. Include the following information in your bug report: o Complete command-line used to run the tool o Tool "--version" o MySQL version of all servers involved o Output from the tool including STDERR o Input files (log/dump/config files, etc.) If possible, include debugging output by running the tool with "PTDEBUG"; see "ENVIRONMENT". DOWNLOADING
Visit http://www.percona.com/software/percona-toolkit/ <http://www.percona.com/software/percona-toolkit/> to download the latest release of Percona Toolkit. Or, get the latest release from the command line: wget percona.com/get/percona-toolkit.tar.gz wget percona.com/get/percona-toolkit.rpm wget percona.com/get/percona-toolkit.deb You can also get individual tools from the latest release: wget percona.com/get/TOOL Replace "TOOL" with the name of any tool. AUTHORS
Baron Schwartz, Kevin van Zonneveld, and Brian Fraser ABOUT PERCONA TOOLKIT
This tool is part of Percona Toolkit, a collection of advanced command-line tools developed by Percona for MySQL support and consulting. Percona Toolkit was forked from two projects in June, 2011: Maatkit and Aspersa. Those projects were created by Baron Schwartz and developed primarily by him and Daniel Nichter, both of whom are employed by Percona. Visit <http://www.percona.com/software/> for more software developed by Percona. COPYRIGHT, LICENSE, AND WARRANTY This program is copyright 2010-2011 Baron Schwartz, 2011-2012 Percona Inc. Feedback and improvements are welcome. THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 2; OR the Perl Artistic License. On UNIX and similar systems, you can issue `man perlgpl' or `man perlartistic' to read these licenses. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA. VERSION
pt-summary 2.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2012-06-15 PT-SUMMARY(1p)