Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to read the CTS and DSR of RS232 in Unix using C language? Post 302302765 by nomist on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 12:46:14 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Something like the following will probably do the trick:
Code:
bool getCTS(int fd)
{
    int s;
    /* Read terminal status line: Clear To Send */
    ioctl(fd, TIOCMGET, &s);
    return (s & TIOCM_CTS) != 0;
}
bool getDSR(int fd)
{
    int s;
    /* Read terminal status line: Data Set Ready */
    ioctl(fd, TIOCMGET, &s);
    return (s & TIOCM_DSR) != 0;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

RS232 communication optimisation

Need help for RS232 communication with switches in order to optimise the data traffic. How to manipulate different flags in termios struct to do the same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ManishSaxena
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VNC via Rs232

Hi ! Is there somebody who is able to connect a VNC session via serial cable ? There is a hint on the VNC homepage that it is possible to configure that. But how? thanks joerg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

3. Solaris

rs232 pci-card

hello mates, do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it? problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to set the DSR pin using a C Code

Hi, I am a newbie using linux. I want to use the 9 pins of the COM port for data transmission. I am trying to write a code to toggle the DTR pin in /dev/ttyS0. Can any one help by giving a sample code or links that will help me pick up fast Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srikanthks_2000
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can A File Be Copied to an RS232 Port on Unix?

We have a text/csv file (4mb) sitting on a Unix box. The PC belongs to a retail store and they're asking me to bring the file over to Windows so they can import the file. Can a file be copied to an rs232 port? If so how? The idea is that I'll hook up a null modem cable to the Unix com port,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alivebyscience
2 Replies

6. Programming

Help to filter read through reference file by using c language

Input_file #tmp_2 werweraewghe @tmp_2 123sdfs57a #tmp_1 aewrgheheghe @tmp_1 457awrerfa87 #tmp_4 trtyrghe @tmp_4 8898rtyr2 reference_file #tmp_4 #tmp_1 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
14 Replies

7. Programming

regarding adding fields to DSR protocol in ns2.34

hi i am student doing project in ns2.34. i hav to add field in route cache and packet of DSR routing protocol. which files hv to be changed...pl help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khubalkar
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

regarding adding fields to DSR protocol in ns2.34

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: want to add field to route cache and packet of DSR routing protocol in ns2.34, add field, DSR package in ns2.34... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khubalkar
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to configure RHEL6 to support Aleton 4408 in DSR mode?

Dears How to configure RHEL6 to support Aleton 4408 in DSR(Direct Server Return) mode We have config Aleton 4408 + Windows 2008R2 then Windows set loopback interface with VIP. the exec the following command in CMD netsh interface ipv4 set interface "net" weakhostreceive=enabled netsh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Source IP address field in RREP on DSR routing

Hello I have a question about routing in MANET using Dynamic Source Routing protocol. IN RFC4728 (DSR) in section "IP fields" of RREP (Route Reply) packet we have this: ok. I read in several books and also in rfc4728 that: when a source node (node that initiate route discovery process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acu281
1 Replies
get_config_text(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  get_config_text(3alleg4)

NAME
get_config_text - Returns a string translated to the current language. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> const char *get_config_text(const char *msg); DESCRIPTION
This function is primarily intended for use by internal library code, but it may perhaps be helpful to application programmers as well. It uses the `language.dat' or `XXtext.cfg' files (where XX is a language code) to look up a translated version of the parameter in the cur- rently selected language. This is basically the same thing as calling get_config_string() with `[language]' as the section, `msg' as the variable name, and `msg' as the default value, but it contains some special code to handle Unicode format conversions. The `msg' parameter is always given in ASCII format, but the returned string will be converted into the current text encoding, with memory being allocated as required, so you can assume that this pointer will persist without having to manually allocate storage space for each string. Note that if you are planning on distributing your game on the Unix platform there is a special issue with how to deal with the `lan- guage.dat' file. Read section "Files shared by Allegro" of the chapter "Unix specifics" to learn more about this. RETURN VALUE
Returns a suitable translation if one can be found or a copy of the parameter if nothing else is available. SEE ALSO
get_config_string(3alleg4), reload_config_texts(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_config_text(3alleg4)