Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows AD for Unix authentication Post 302301420 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 26th of March 2009 08:16:01 PM

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to Unite Redhat 9 Linux with Windows 2003 Active Directory authentication

Dear All, How to configure a Redhat 9 client to windows 2003 server. I have windows 2003 server which act has domain controller in my office. I have been asked to use redhat 9 has client. how to configure so that redhat 9 can authenticate with windows 2003 server .I have username created in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Key authentication between solaris & windows server.

Hi Gurus I have a solaris box from which i will have to sftp into a windows box. I have installed core ftp server in the windows box and so am able to log in. My problem is that,I have to enable password less authentication between solaris box and this core ftp server. How do i do this? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Looking for suggestion on authentication method for UNIX/Windows

Hello, We have mid level infrastructure of all on-premises servers. All windows servers are getting authenticated by Microsoft Active Directory Services, half Unix (Solaris+Linux) servers are getting authentication by NIS and other half by LDAP. We have plans to migrate from NIS to LDAP, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

5. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
NANOBLOGGER(1)							   User Commands						    NANOBLOGGER(1)

NAME
NanoBlogger - small weblog engine for the UNIX command line SYPNOSIS
nb [-b blog_dir] [options] DESCRIPTION
NanoBlogger User's manual. NanoBlogger is a small weblog engine written in Bash for the command line. It uses common unix tools, such as cat, grep and sed. It's free to use and modify under the GNU General Public License. OPTIONS
-a, --add create new entry, category, or weblog (directory). -b, --blogdir <directory> specify weblog directory. -B, --body <text> deprecated, please use '-T' or '--text' instead. -c, --category <ID,cat> specify category (for '--add', '--delete', '--edit', '--list', '--update', and '--update-cache'). --cfgfile <file> specify an alternate configuration file. --configure configure weblog (for '--update'). --datadir <directory> specify weblog's data directory. -d, --delete <ID,cat> delete an entry or category. -D, --desc <text> set text of description (for '--add', '--draft', '--makefile' and '--makepage'). -e, --edit <ID,cat> edit an entry or category. -E, --draft <file> edit or create metafile. -f, --file <file> specify metafile to import as entry (for '--add'). -h, --help show this help message. -i, --interactive <1=on/0=off> toggle interactive mode (for '--add', '--delete', '--preview', '--publish', and '--update'). -l, --list <all,cat,DATE,max> list entries or categories (defaults to max). --manual view the manual. -m, --move <ID> move an entry to a specified category (for '--category'). -M, --makepage <file1> <file2> create new weblog page (file2) from metafile (file1). --makefile <file> create new metafile. -n, --author <text> set text of author (for '--add', '--draft', '--makefile' and '--makepage'). --plugindir <directory> specify weblog's plugin directory. -p, --preview run command to preview weblog. -P, --publish run command to publish weblog. --template <file> specify file to load as template (for '--draft', '--makepage' and '--makefile'). --template-dir <directory> specify weblog's template directory. -t, --title <text> set text of title (for '--add', '--category', '--draft', '--makefile' and '--makepage'). --tag <TAG> specify tag (for '--add', '--draft', '--edit', '--makefile' and '--makepage'). --tag-text <text> set text of tag (for '--tag'). -T, --text <text> set text of body (for '--add', '--draft', '--makefile' and '--makepage'). -U, --update-cache <all,DATE,max,expired> force update of weblog's cache removing specified cached data (defaults to 'expired'). -u, --update <all,DATE,main,max> force update of weblog's files updating specified weblog data (defaults to 'max'). -v, --verbose <1=on/0=off> toggle level of verbosity. -V, --version display version information. -c,-d,-e,-m accepts multiple ID numbers separated by commas (e.g. 1,2,3). --list and --update can match entries by date (irrelevant of entry id(s)). date = YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY-MM, YYYY EXAMPLES
--blogdir [myblog_dir] --add Where myblog_dir is a nonexistent directory. This will create a new directory, copy the default files over, and then let you edit the weblog's configuration. Multiple weblogs can be created this way. Running the same command again on an existing weblog direc- tory will add a new entry. --blogdir [myblog_dir] --configure -u all This opens blog.conf from the weblog directory for editing and updates the entire weblog. [-b blog_dir] -a Add a new entry [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -a Add a new entry to a category [-b blog_dir] -t "New Entry" -n [entry_author] -a Set title and author for new entry [-b blog_dir] -t "New Entry" -n [entry_author] -M "My message." -a Set title, author, and body for new entry [-b blog_dir] -l List current entries [-b blog_dir] -l all List all entries [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -l List entries for a category [-b blog_dir] -e 1 Edit the last entry created [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -e 1 Edit an entry from a category [-b blog_dir] -e 1,2,3 Edit multiple entries [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -m 1 Move an entry to a category [-b blog_dir] -c 1,2,3 -m 1 Move an entry to multiple categories [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -m 1,2,3 Move multiple entries to a category [-b blog_dir] -d 1 Permanently delete an entry [-b blog_dir] -d 1,2,3 Permanently delete multiple entries [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -d 1 Delete an entry from a category [-b blog_dir] -c new -a Create a new category [-b blog_dir] -t "New Category" -c new -a Set the title for a new category [-b blog_dir] -l cat List available categories [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -t "News" -e cat Edit a category's title [-b blog_dir] -c 1 -d cat Delete a category [-b blog_dir] -u all Update the Weblog's Data Directory NOTES
The articles plugin provides a simple way for NanoBlogger to automatically generate and update articles for your weblog. Creating a new article is easy, create a new file in the articles directory and save it with the suffix, "txt". To remove an article simply rename it's suffix to something other than "txt" or remove it from the articles directory. Edit templates/main_links.htm to add new links. FILES
/etc/nanoblogger/nb.conf AUTHOR
NanoBlogger written by Kevin Wood (n1xt3r) <un1xt3r@fastmail.fm> This manual page was originally written by William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx> and then updated by Michal Cihar <michal@cihar.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/nanoblogger/nanoblogger.html http://nanoblogger.sourceforge.net/ NanoBlogger 3.3 September 2006 NANOBLOGGER(1)