Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find recently modified/ updated file Post 302297828 by lweegp on Sunday 15th of March 2009 10:56:07 PM
Old 03-15-2009
hi shawn,

what if i need to check which files have been modify or updated over the past few days? do i use -mtime +72 for files which have been modified for the past 3 days etc?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp most recently modified file

Hi what is the most optimum way to ftp the most recently modified file starting with a particular string. i tried this ftp -n 2>logfile 1>&2 <<EOF open xxxxxx user xxxx xxxx prompt ls -ltr f* res !var=`tail -1 |awk { print $9 }'` bye EOF that gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

3. Solaris

which file is updated after modified the crontab entries.

Hi all, i want to know which file is updated after changes the modifications/new entries in crontab. Please help regarding this. regards Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find recently updated files in home directory

Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours? (e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kain
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find most recently modified directories

How do I do it? Simple answers preferred... using BASH.. the less code the better. I want to find out where Indesign is caching PDF tmp data ... I figure this is a good way to do it.. either way i wanna know how to do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find user owner of the most recently file in the system

Good evening everybody, I have to find the user owner of the most recently file in the system How can I do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a recently updated file

Hi, I am looking for a command to search for a specific file which was recently modified in the current directory leaving some unwanted files to be listed. For example, when I try ls - lrt it shows the following output. I want to ommit the files with the name 'resend' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)