Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backup NIM client
Operating Systems AIX backup NIM client Post 302297012 by bakunin on Thursday 12th of March 2009 10:17:52 AM
Old 03-12-2009
This sounds all unnecessarily complicated to me: create the mksysb directly on the NIM master as a NIM resource and you don't have to ftp it around and create a NIM resource from a file.

If you got the communication between NIM client and master set up correctly this is no problem.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

2. AIX

problem adding NIM client

Hello All, While trying to add NIM client to the NIM environment from NIM client machine, I get the following error: 1800-109 There are currently no additional SMIT screen entries available for this item. This may require installation of additional software before it can be accessed. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

3. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. AIX

aix-configure nim client

:b:Hi... I need help to configure nim client on nim server.. can i define aix 5.3.4.0 on aix 5.3.7.0 nim server.. while i m configuring nim client on nim server its getting msg that images not same.. i need to confirm that both version should be same or not.. Thanks.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
5 Replies

5. AIX

NIM client boot problem

Hi all, I have created VIO Server which serves 3 lpars. All of them are on VLAN ID 50. From one lpar I installed and set up NIM master server called testAIX1. I have created client and allocated resources to it: testAIX1:/ > lsnim -l test_lpar test_lpar: class = machines ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

filesets nim client

Hello everyone I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power) I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix. I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up. Some one know where I can find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

Nim client with different subnet to Master

Iam attempting to add a client to NIM however the new client has a different subnet than master 10... & 193... , I've established from redbooks that it should be possible but can't find anything that states how? Does anyone use nim in this way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
roar_stream_exec(3)					System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio				       roar_stream_exec(3)

NAME
roar_stream_exec - Set a stream as master stream of a client SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_stream_exec(struct roar_connection * con, struct roar_stream * s); DESCRIPTION
This sets a stream to be the master stream of a client. A master stream is a stream send via the client's controll channel. If a master stream is closed the client and all it's streams are closed. Setting a master stream can not be undone nor can any controll commands be send anymore. This is used mainly for opening a connection for just playback without need to change things later like roar_simple_play(3) does it. PARAMETERS
con The connection to the server. s The stream to be set as master stream. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_simple_play(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_stream_exec(3)