Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do you check whether a port currently being used? Post 302296623 by Autocross.US on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 01:05:07 PM
Old 03-11-2009
lsof -i :<portnumber>

example:

lsof -i :80

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how can i check if port is busy or if someone is using it ?

Hello i have application that using ports , how can i check if the port im using is not captured by any applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How can I check what port addresses used the application

Hello Mentors! I am a new here in the furom, i hope somebody can understand my problem. Basically we have an application here called unigraphics and being installed per station and the setup is look like this. 1. installed unigraphics UGNX3 version on every station 2. some are installed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check that a device is attached on a port

Q1: can anyone tell me how cfgadm keeps track of the device even if the device is disconnected , when we disconnect a device using cfgadm cfgadm -ys disconnect <ap_id> then the device disappears from the lshal o/p. HAL uses libdevinfo for the device list. if the device is not there in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a Port is accepting connections.

Hi, I need to create a script which checks the availability of a particular service on a particular Port on HP-Unix. Is there any command in unix wherein we can check if any port is accepting the connections now. Thanks, Vihang. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if Port is Active

is there a better way to check if a port is active on linux and sunos systems? this is currently what I'm using in my script: netstat -an | egrep -i "$PORT" i know this isn't the best way as there could be numbers in that output that has my port number in it but isn't necessarily a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- check the port used

hi everybody; my code is cheking if a port is an actif or not with the cmd netstat -ln,I want first to enter the number of the port which I want to check it but I think that the value of $con in the second "if" is always "0" so the code give me always that the port is not used!!! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassma
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check UDP port example = 31011?

We have open port UDP port 31011, how to verify if port were working or traffic were receive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtalan
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to check port used for SSL?

I have RHEL 5.8 in our production environment. We are using SSL, my query is how to find the port used for SSL. In /etc/services, it shows 443 but when I give netstat -tulpn | grep 443 Or netstat -tulp | grep https I do not get any output. I hope, my question is clear of how to find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty port using netstat?

Hi, How to check empty port using netstat please help Thanks Ashfaque (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashfaque
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the IP:PORT firewall uses?

I have my firewall process running # ps -ef | grep firewall root 21169 1 0 08:50 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid I wish to know what ip : port number it is using. Can you please tell me how can i find out ? I tried the below command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
IBCHECKERRS(8)							OpenIB Diagnostics						    IBCHECKERRS(8)

NAME
ibcheckerrs - validate IB port (or node) and report errors in counters above threshold SYNOPSIS
ibcheckerrs [-h] [-b] [-v] [-G] [-T <threshold_file>] [-s(how_thresholds)] [-N | -nocolor] [-C ca_name] [-P ca_port] [-t(imeout) time- out_ms] <lid|guid> <port> DESCRIPTION
Check specified port (or node) and report errors that surpassed their predefined threshold. Port address is lid unless -G option is used to specify a GUID address. The predefined thresholds can be dumped using the -s option, and a user defined threshold_file (using the same for- mat as the dump) can be specified using the -t <file> option. OPTIONS
-G use GUID address argument. In most cases, it is the Port GUID. Example: "0x08f1040023" -s show predefined thresholds -T use specified threshold file -v increase the verbosity level -b brief mode. Reduce the output to show only if errors are present, not what they are. -N | -nocolor use mono rather than color mode -C <ca_name> use the specified ca_name. -P <ca_port> use the specified ca_port. -t <timeout_ms> override the default timeout for the solicited mads. EXAMPLE
ibcheckerrs 2 # check aggregated node counter for lid 2 ibcheckerrs 2 4 # check port counters for lid 2 port 4 ibcheckerrs -T xxx 2 # check node using xxx threshold file SEE ALSO
perfquery(8), ibaddr(8) AUTHOR
Hal Rosenstock <halr@voltaire.com> OpenIB May 30, 2007 IBCHECKERRS(8)