Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to get the date yesterday in AIX sh Post 302296002 by kdevries on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 06:30:10 AM
Old 03-10-2009
This was THE solution I have been looking for so long !!, GREAT
Thanks again, saved my day Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date month/date

Hi expert, I want to retrieve yesterday su log. How to calculate and assign variable value ( 06/23 ) in myVariable ? #!/bin/sh myVariable=yesterday date in month/date cat /var/adm/sulog | grep $myVariable > file.txt many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date

HI All, I am trying so long to find the yesterday's date to run a script but i failed kinldy share the command to find yesterday's date in ksh i tried with date --date='1 day ago' but it displaying error your help will highly apeerciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display yesterday Date in AIX

Hi, I need help to display the yesterday date in format mentioned below: 2012-06-26-PMI tried this but it displays current date: `date +%Y-%m-%d-%p` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterday date

Hi Friend, i am using OS HP-UX vvftf320 B.11.11 U 9000/800 511076331 unlimited-user license now i have used below command but it giving today's date. i need your help to get yesterdate. Please correct me. date +"%d%m%Y%H%M%S" -d "1 days ago Thanks in advance, Jewel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get tomorrow,yesterday date from date Command

Hi I want to get tomorrow and yesterday date from date command. My shell is KSH and server is AIX. I tried several options, but unable to do. Please help on this. Regards Rajesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append date to filename, but base it on yesterday's date?

Hello, I'd like to write a monthly archive script that archives some logs. But I'd like to do it based on yesterday's date. In other words, I'd like to schedule the script to run on the 1st day of each month, but have the archive filename include the previous month instead. Here's what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare two files of todays date and yesterday's date

hi all, How to compare two files whether they are same are not...? like i had my input files as 20141201_file.txt and 20141130_file2.txt how to compare the above files based on date .. like todays file and yesterdays file...? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies
AUREPORT:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      AUREPORT:(8)

NAME
aureport - a tool that produces summary reports of audit daemon logs SYNOPSIS
aureport [options] DESCRIPTION
aureport is a tool that produces summary reports of the audit system logs. The aureport utility can also take input from stdin as long as the input is the raw log data. The reports have a column label at the top to help with interpretation of the various fields. Except for the main summary report, all reports have the audit event number. You can subsequently lookup the full event with ausearch -a event number. You may need to specify start & stop times if you get multiple hits. The reports produced by aureport can be used as building blocks for more complicated analysis. OPTIONS
-au, --auth Report about authentication attempts -a, --avc Report about avc messages -c, --config Report about config changes -cr, --crypto Report about crypto events -e, --event Report about events -f, --file Report about files --failed Only select failed events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. -h, --host Report about hosts -i, --interpret Interpret numeric entities into text. For example, uid is converted to account name. The conversion is done using the current resources of the machine where the search is being run. If you have renamed the accounts, or don't have the same accounts on your machine, you could get misleading results. -if, --input file Use the given file instead if the logs. This is to aid analysis where the logs have been moved to another machine or only part of a log was saved. --input-logs Use the log file location from auditd.conf as input for analysis. This is needed if you are using aureport from a cron job. -k, --key Report about audit rule keys -l, --login Report about logins -m, --mods Report about account modifications -ma, --mac Report about Mandatory Access Control (MAC) events --node node-name Only select events originating from node name string for processing in the reports. The default is to include all nodes. Multiple nodes are allowed. -p, --pid Report about processes -r, --response Report about responses to anomaly events -s, --syscall Report about syscalls --success Only select successful events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. --summary Run the summary report that gives a total of the elements of the main report. Not all reports have a summary. -t, --log This option will output a report of the start and end times for each log. --tty Report about tty keystrokes -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -tm, --terminal Report about terminals -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --user Report about users -v, --version Print the version and exit -x, --executable Report about executables SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditd(8). Red Hat Sept 2009 AUREPORT:(8)