Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: export DISPLAY
Operating Systems Solaris export DISPLAY Post 302295767 by eddiet on Monday 9th of March 2009 01:55:46 PM
Old 03-09-2009
export DISPLAY

rsh to host2 from host1 and from host2 rsh into host3

Is it possible to display a GUI from host3 through host2 and onto host1?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export DISPLAY and XPM´s

Hi! I´ve an application that runs in a Digital Tru64, exporting display to a Linux host. That application blinks a icon (in XPM mode) when the severity mode changes. When I put a backdrop(XPM, too) in that screen, the icons blink slowly. When I remove it, they turn to blink quickly. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selina
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

do a export DISPLAY

hello to begin i sorry for my english because i'am french so: someone can explain me to do a export DIPLAY with a web page (php) i have test the php function exec (myscriptshell.sh) but he can't do the export diplay. if someone have a solution . bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_nul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export the Display variable

I'm trying to open an xwindow on my Sun server. What am I doing wrong? # echo $SHELL /sbin/sh # # export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 DISPLAY=localhost:0.0: is not an identifier Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export display of directories of remote machine

hi I wanted to export the display of all directories of home with their respective subdirectories and files if any on my local pc. this home directory is of some remote machine . using ssh remote login and then using struct direct i can just gate name list of directories . but not the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Cant export display from aix to solaris.

Hi Frnds, i face a peculiar issue. I am managing 200 Aix workstations and 20 sun boxes. I am not anle to export the display from aix workstations to sun box, But vice versa it is working fine. But if i try to export the display to a sun box from other sun box it works perfectly. Could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Export Display Through Telnet & Xming

HI, HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/785 (ta) I am trying to export a display using Xming & and Telnet (not SSH) but when I try.. $ DISPLAY=192.168.1.75:0.0 $ export DISPLAY $ xclock and get.. Xlib: connection to "192.168.1.75:0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauly
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

export display

hello frnds, I want to export display of othe terminal to my terminal and want to post a msg, which should visible at other terminal, I tried myself, but couldnt get it plz help me to get solution (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant.pathade
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if export DISPLAY is set or not?

Hi All, I use "export DISPLAY=same_host:0.0" to set my export DISPLAY and it is working fine for me.. Problem here is I have developed a script for which i should run export DISPLAY prior to running my script.... so my script should check whether export DISPLAY is set or not.. if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies
PASSMASS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PASSMASS(1)

NAME
passmass - change password on multiple machines SYNOPSIS
passmass [ host1 host2 host3 ... ] INTRODUCTION
Passmass changes a password on multiple machines. If you have accounts on several machines that do not share password databases, Passmass can help you keep them all in sync. This, in turn, will make it easier to change them more frequently. When Passmass runs, it asks you for the old and new passwords. (If you are changing root passwords and have equivalencing, the old pass- word is not used and may be omitted.) Passmass understands the "usual" conventions. Additional arguments may be used for tuning. They affect all hosts which follow until another argument overrides it. For example, if you are known as "libes" on host1 and host2, but "don" on host3, you would say: passmass host1 host2 -user don host3 Arguments are: -user User whose password will be changed. By default, the current user is used. -rlogin Use rlogin to access host. (default) -slogin Use slogin to access host. -ssh Use ssh to access host. -telnet Use telnet to access host. -program Next argument is a program to run to set the password. Default is "passwd". Other common choices are "yppasswd" and "set passwd" (e.g., VMS hosts). A program name such as "password fred" can be used to create entries for new accounts (when run as root). -prompt Next argument is a prompt suffix pattern. This allows the script to know when the shell is prompting. The default is "# " for root and "% " for non-root accounts. -timeout Next argument is the number of seconds to wait for responses. Default is 30 but some systems can be much slower logging in. -su Next argument is 1 or 0. If 1, you are additionally prompted for a root password which is used to su after logging in. root's password is changed rather than the user's. This is useful for hosts which do not allow root to log in. HOW TO USE
The best way to run Passmass is to put the command in a one-line shell script or alias. Whenever you get a new account on a new machine, add the appropriate arguments to the command. Then run it whenever you want to change your passwords on all the hosts. CAVEATS
Using the same password on multiple hosts carries risks. In particular, if the password can be stolen, then all of your accounts are at risk. Thus, you should not use Passmass in situations where your password is visible, such as across a network which hackers are known to eavesdrop. On the other hand, if you have enough accounts with different passwords, you may end up writing them down somewhere - and that can be a security problem. Funny story: my college roommate had an 11"x13" piece of paper on which he had listed accounts and passwords all across the Internet. This was several years worth of careful work and he carried it with him everywhere he went. Well one day, he forgot to remove it from his jeans, and we found a perfectly blank sheet of paper when we took out the wash the following day! SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 PASSMASS(1)