Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to use SFTP from command line without entering user and password Post 302294921 by binny on Friday 6th of March 2009 06:46:48 AM
Old 03-06-2009
sftp

Do following

sftp user2@machine2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Copy without entering Username and Password

I tried the following script to copy one file automatically: #!/bin/csh -f su - root -c "rcp 150.10.128.1:/export/home/sn408Xl/sn408Sol/$fn $fn This works fine but is there a better way to copy remotely without entering the username and password? Moreover, after the file is copied a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering secret password

Hello All, I am trying to write a script when executed, asks you for the password, and confirm password; it should save to a file and also entered password should not be in clear text on the console - should be as **** Can somebody give me direction in writing this in shell? Thanks Chiru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Specify password in SFTP command

Hi, How can I specify a password on the scp command line so that it should not prompt for the password? Shabu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP using user id and password

Hi, I am using below syntax - sftp -b passwordfile userid@ipaddress passwordfile is a file, in which I have just kept a password of userid. But by this, an error is coming like - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Please suggest me on this..as I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisa
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command in remote server without entering password?

Hi, i want to run the command in remote server through ssh and every time when i run the script its asking to enter the password. I dnt want to enter the password, when i enter the ip address and directly the command shuld execute. Script: #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Server IP Address:" read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command line with another user without prompts for password

Hi, I'm writing a script, in the script I need to use tcpdump to capture some packets however it needs root priviledge my computer is configured by school and I have no real root priviledge so I can't use sudo on my computer,like Code: sudo tcpdump ...... I have to use a limited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

In put password automatically to sftp command

Hi all, i have to sftp a file to another server I don't have "expect" or sshpass on my machine its solaris 10, i want to pass password in command line or after doing this sftp user@server how to automatically provide the password as input ( stored in some variable or so) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Connect to remote server using sftp with password define within command/script

I am trying to connect to remote server in hp-ux, using sftp command (using sftp username@ip and password ) able to connect to remote server but, in this case sftp prompt for password and user need to manually enter it. I want sftp can read a password define in script or from file, so it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Not getting command prompt after entering the login password

Hi All, I am not able to get the command prompt after entering the login password on solaris server Only access is through console. Server type : sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 bsnl-north-in > ssh 10.147.17.207 jtoin Connecting to 10.147.17.207 as user jtoin Password: Last login: Wed Mar 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one line command to create and set password for new user...

Using useradd abc --password password (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagruti Rml
5 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat - Adaptor for Net::SFTP compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat->new($host); $sftp->get("foo", "bar"); $sftp->put("bar", "baz"); use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat ':supplant'; my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host); DESCRIPTION
This package is a wrapper around Net::SFTP::Foreign that provides an API (mostly) compatible with that of Net::SFTP. Methods on this package are identical to those in Net::SFTP except that Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes::Compat objects have to be used instead of Net::SFTP::Attributes. If the ":supplant" tag is used, this module installs also wrappers on the "Net::SFTP" and Net::SFTP::Attributes packages so no other parts of the program have to modified in order to move from Net::SFTP to Net::SFTP::Foreign. Setting defaults The hash %Net::SFTP::Foreign::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::SFTP::Foreign methods called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SFTP API. The entries currently supported are: new => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign constructor. get => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::get method. put => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::put method. ls => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::ls method. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008, 2011 Salvador Fandin~o All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)