Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comment out a cron job as part of a script Post 302294236 by rikxik on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 10:11:32 PM
Old 03-04-2009
You can copy off the crontab, grep for the job name, if found, put a hash at the beginning of the line (you can use sed) and write it back.

Show us the code you have tried so far.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron job for Perl script

Although there are many threads on this forum regarding cron, none have specifically answered my question. So hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.. I have a perl script that I want to run in a cron job. Since I've read that cron doesn't have any environments set, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job shell script..

Hey Guys, i was trying out a shell script which has to remove a file for every 90 mins. this is the code i came up with . $ crontab -e file1 file1 contains 30 1 * * * * rm -r /folder1/folder2/somefile.txt Now i need the cron to run for every 90 mins. the problem with this is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job to prevent simultaneous script

I'm using a shared server on Hostgator (Linux CentOS). I'm trying to set a cron job using the Control Panel that will check if its already running before starting a new one. I've tried the following... * * * * * && but I get this error emailed to me... /bin/sh: line 0: Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech9821
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job for the created shell script

Hi am newbie for unix shell.. how to create a cron job for my already created shell script.:confused: Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Solaris

cron job for phython script

Hello, How do I schedule a cron job for a phython script to run every hour? Also, in case in future I decide to edit/cancel the job how should i do it? Does it matter where my phython script is located? Also, I have am using mailx utility in my script to send me an email and dont want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I run bash script using cron job

How do I run bash script using a cron job? I have tried to just write the path of the script, but that didn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Submitting cron job through script

I would like to run a script, as root, which will eventually set up cron job for a non privilege user. Please advice. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to end script in a cron job?

I've created a script to copy backup files from an HP-UX 11iv3 system to an NFS share on another machine. I want to schedule the script to run via cron. The script is simply three lines of cp /backups/Backup /shared/Backup. I've saved the script as a .sh file and call it with KSH. Do I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
3 Replies
atrm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   atrm(1)

NAME
atrm - Removes jobs spooled by at SYNOPSIS
atrm [-a] [-f | -i] [job_number...] | [user...] The atrm command removes jobs that were created with the at command. OPTIONS
Removes all jobs belonging to the person invoking atrm. If invoked by a privileged user, all jobs on the queue are removed. Suppresses the printing of all information about the jobs being removed. Prompts before a job is removed; a response of y, or the locale's equivalent of y, causes the job to be removed. Obsolete version of -a. DESCRIPTION
If one or more job numbers is specified, atrm attempts to remove only those jobs. If one or more usernames is specified, all jobs belonging to those users are removed. This form of invoking atrm is useful only if you have superuser authority. EXAMPLES
To remove job number 62169200.a, created by user chinn, from the queue created by the at command, enter: atrm chinn.62169200.a Note that specifies an at job for sh. (.f specifies an at job for csh, and specifies an at job for ksh.) FILES
Main cron directory. List of allowed users. List of denied users. Spool area. Queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
Commands: at(1), atq(1), cron(8) Files: queuedefs(4) atrm(1)