Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Guide for Unix admin
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Guide for Unix admin Post 302293795 by peac3 on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 10:24:00 PM
Old 03-03-2009
I have linux mandrake at home but still can not perform as task above as they need more than one server, do I need to have more than 1 boxes,

can you guys shed some light for each job above please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Read this if you are serious about being a Unix Admin...

Okay someone posted this as a response to a newbie question about books and resources and the ever popular "What should I read to be a good unix admin " newbie question... I feel this should be a sticky, because after having read a good portion of it since yesterday, I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Lost both Unix Admin's ....need help

Hi all, I know nothing about unix. Both of our unix guys left for greener pastures. I have been given the task of tring to get 10,000 accounts on a hp ux system into active directory. The accounts don't need to be moved, but they need to be in active directory for a couple of applications. Even if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob D
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Admin Careers

I wish to transition from Mainframe to Open Systems Storage Administration. How much training would I need in order to meet requirements for an AIX Administrator position? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
3 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Where are the UNIX Admin Jobs?

Greetings.... I have asked this question before, and gotten the "go to school response" and the "help desk job" response, the problem is, these positions require experience, and I have not found a company willing to hire me. I have complete a Unix Fundamentals course, and I plan to continue my... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlordane
24 Replies

5. Advertise with Us

Windows to Unix Admin

Hi, I'm looking a bit of advice on a job offer I've been made. I'm currently a Microsoft Windows Administrator, with good experience in this and also in Novell. I've just been offered a job to re-train as a UNIX Administrator. I'm not sure whether to take it or not. It's more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to UNIX and Linux... need a guide

I want to know about UNIX and Linux. I have Windows7 installed and I would like to know how to start ie 1 softwares needed 2 hardware changes if any 3 any emulator or virtual machine if needed 4 useful links for installation 5 links for study material. Please provide a step by step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 101 : Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide

HOW-TO AIX Admin 101 Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide - AIX Worth checking it out and printing it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me in the right direction to develop application for UNIX/Linux

Hi all, Am good in C & C++, i just joined as a fresher in a French IT company. In my own interest and love towards Linux and open source. i want to develop as much as applications for linux. i got the basic training on linux commands, and currently am working really hard to gain more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
11 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Jr UNIX Admin Position

Hello. I have worked in a desktop support role for the past 2 years. I was approached at my place of work and offered a job as a junior Unix administrator. All training would be provided. The only experience I have is what I have read about Unix in my free time. Nothing more. I had a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tentex87
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
GEARMAN_TASK_IS_KNOWN(3)					     Gearmand						  GEARMAN_TASK_IS_KNOWN(3)

NAME
gearman_task_is_known - Gearmand Documentation, http://gearman.info/ SYNOPSIS
#include <libgearman/gearman.h> gearman_task_st void gearman_task_free(gearman_task_st *task) void *gearman_task_context(const gearman_task_st *task) void gearman_task_set_context(gearman_task_st *task, void *context) const char *gearman_task_function_name(const gearman_task_st *task) const char *gearman_task_unique(const gearman_task_st *task) const char *gearman_task_job_handle(const gearman_task_st *task) bool gearman_task_is_known(const gearman_task_st *task) bool gearman_task_is_running(const gearman_task_st *task) uint32_t gearman_task_numerator(const gearman_task_st *task) uint32_t gearman_task_denominator(const gearman_task_st *task) void gearman_task_give_workload(gearman_task_st *task, const void *workload, size_t workload_size) size_t gearman_task_send_workload(gearman_task_st *task, const void *workload, size_t workload_size, gearman_return_t *ret_ptr) const void *gearman_task_data(const gearman_task_st *task) size_t gearman_task_data_size(const gearman_task_st *task) void *gearman_task_take_data(gearman_task_st *task, size_t *data_size) size_t gearman_task_recv_data(gearman_task_st *task, void *data, size_t data_size, gearman_return_t *ret_ptr) const char *gearman_task_error(const gearman_task_st *task) New in version 0.21. gearman_return_t gearman_task_return(const gearman_task_st *task) New in version 0.21. Link with -lgearman DESCRIPTION
A gearman_task_st represents a task. Work that is sent by a client to a gearman server is seen as a task (a worker recieves a task in the form of a job. Tasks, i.e. gearman_task_st are created by calling either gearman_execute(), gearman_client_add_task(), or gearman_client_add_task_back- ground(). gearman_client_add_task_status() can also create gearman_task_st, these tasks will be used to monitor a previously created gearman_task_st. gearman_task_free() is used to free a task. This only needs to be done if a task was created with a preallocated structure or if you want to clean up the memory of a specific task. gearman_task_set_context() sets the given context of the gearman_task_st. The context can be used to pass information to a gearman_task_st. gearman_task_context() returns the context that was used in the creation of the gearman_task_st (or that was set with gearman_task_set_context(). gearman_task_data() returns the current data that has been returned to the task. gearman_task_data_size() will give you the size of the value. gearman_task_take_data() is the same as gearman_task_data() but the value that is returned must be freed by the client (free(3)). gearman_task_recv_data() can be used with pre-allocated buffers. gearman_task_is_known(), gearman_task_is_running(), gearman_task_numerator(), and gearman_task_denominator(), return values related to the last status update that was made to the gearman_task_st. They do not cause the gearman_task_st to update itself. gearman_task_error() return the last error message that the gearman_task_st encountered. gearman_task_return() return the last gear- man_return_t stored. A value of GEARMAN_UNKNOWN_STATE means that the task has not been submitted to server yet, or that no function was available if the job has been submitted. RETURN VALUE
Various. Values that are returned by gearman_task_take_data() must have free(3) called on them. HOME
To find out more information please check: http://gearman.info/ SEE ALSO
gearmand(8) libgearman(3) AUTHOR
Data Differential http://www.datadifferential.com/ COPYRIGHT
2012, Data Differential, http://www.datadifferential.com/ 0.33 May 04, 2012 GEARMAN_TASK_IS_KNOWN(3)