Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to list files Created in last 2 hrs Post 302293010 by shivamdhawan on Monday 2nd of March 2009 05:56:44 AM
Old 03-02-2009
find /admin//dump -type f -newer t.tmp -print -exec ls -lt {} \; | pg

This looks good but I am not able to understand this command...can you explain it?
:?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command unix to list all files created since n month ago

Hello, I want to list all files that were created since 3 month ago. it exist a unix command to do it ? thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yacsil
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files & Folders created/modified

Hello people, I want to list the files & folders created/modified since a particular date say June 2006. I know I can list recursively thru the folders and use awk to extract the date column to get the desired output. Just wanted to check whether there is an easier way to do this. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to list files with specific created date

Hi, Would like to ask, which command is used to list all the files for specific date (says 1st May) and its size, for all files (including its subdirectory), in a mounted NFS disk to HP-UX. I would like to check for the total files came into my disk on 1st May. Very much appreciating your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draculla
2 Replies

5. Solaris

command to list files that are created before some date

Can you please let me know the command to list the files that are created before some date, this we want to use for the following Eg: Move all the files that got created before 2006 to new folder in Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list all the files created today with directory path

Hi, Can any one tell the command to list all the files that are created as of today from all the directories? The Command "ls -ltR" is listing all the files. But I want the list of files that has been created as of today along with the directory path:) Thank you in advance.:) Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetusha.b
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List last 10 Hrs file and find error files

Hi, I need a script that can search a word "Error" in last 10 Hrs generated logs in /log/App1 and /log/App2 folder.. Note these directories have massive log files ...actually our application generate 100 Log files of size 2MB in just a min so script must be fast enough to cater this I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujtaba khan
9 Replies

9. Linux

List all files created today exclude last one

Hi, ALL thanks in advance, i listed all files using this command ls -ltr $(date +%Y%m%d)*.xmlbut i would like to exclude the last one created ; Best regard MEROUAN Use code tags, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file got created in less than 10 hrs

Dear Gurus, I want to check if file got created in less than 10 hrs in .ksh. Here is my requirement In $var5 : I'm storing file name In $var4 I have stored : select to_char(sysdate,'YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS') from dual; If that file date time is less than 10 hrs, then I need to check if less... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
1 Replies
EXPIRE(1p)                                              User Contributed Perl Documentation                                             EXPIRE(1p)

NAME
expire -- expire Interchange session files and databases VERSION
1.1 SYNOPSIS
expire [-ra] [-e expr] [-c catalog] [-d dir] [sessiondb] DESCRIPTION
Interchange's "expire" expires the various session database and temporary files used by the Interchange daemon. If the program "tmpwatch" is available, it is called with the appropriate arguments. Otherwise, Interchange will remove all files itself with a recursive routine. OPTIONS
-c name Expires the catalog "name" according to its settings. Removes all temporary files that are in a subdirectory one level below the directory itself. -d dir Sets the directory that will be checked for session files and/or temporary files. -e spec Accepts a Interchange expire time setting like "6 hours", "3 days", etc. The expire time is applied directly to sessions, and may be padded for temporary files. SEE ALSO
expireall(1), http://www.icdevgroup.org/ AUTHOR
Mike Heins perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 EXPIRE(1p)