Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers netstat error(getnameinfo failed) Post 302292489 by crackthehit007 on Saturday 28th of February 2009 05:57:41 AM
Old 02-28-2009
How to check whether dns server is down or not?

is it problem with naming resolution ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat error

Hi all, recently on my Sun Solaris 8 server this error message appeared:$ netstat -i > ip open: Permission denied > can't open mib stream: Bad file number > The server was rebooted recently and this error has only popped up since then. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

2. AIX

Error - Symbol Resolution Failed

Hi All, I am trying to run sqlplus on my AIX 5L box but following errors are thrown: $ sqlplus exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sqlplus because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /usr/lib/libc.a because: 0509-136 Symbol kaio_rdwr64 (number 0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing failed FTP error

Hi All, Please check the below ftp related job, which is deleting the files from remote host. Problem is it is not capturing the ftp failure error, and the exit status is still '0' eventhough the deletable files are not present in remote location OR ftp credential are incorrect. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Compilation failed error

Hi, I have installed automake in one of HP-UX boxes using swinstall command. But when i issue automake it gives the following error message. Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/share/automake-1.10 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/PA-RISC2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Pla help - urgent-netstat error--- cant open mib stream

Hi, When i type netstat command as normal user it shows following error $ netstat arp open: Permission denied can't open mib stream I can execute the command as root user.. Pls reply at the earliest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadivukumar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nestat error (getnameinfo failed)

# netstat -a > /test/a getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed command is working fine (as i get output in file /test/a) # dig -x 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> -x 10.203.xxx.xxx ;; global... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies
ipa-replica-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-install(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-install - Create an IPA replica SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-install [OPTION]... replica_file DESCRIPTION
Configures a new IPA server that is a replica of the server that generated it. Once it has been created it is an exact copy of the original IPA server and is an equal master. Changes made to any master are automatically replicated to other masters. The replica_file is created using the ipa-replica-prepare utility. If the installation fails you may need to run ipa-server-install --uninstall before running ipa-replica-install again. The installation will fail if the host you are installing the replica on exists as a host in IPA or an existing replication agreement exists (for example, from a previously failed installation). A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
BASIC OPTIONS --setup-ca Install and configure a CA on this replica. If a CA is not configured then certificate operations will be forwarded to a master with a CA installed. --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of this server. If this address does not match the address the host resolves to and --setup-dns is not selected the installation will fail. If the server hostname is not resolvable, a record for the hostname and IP_ADDRESS is added to /etc/hosts. -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password -w ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD Admin user Kerberos password used for connection check --mkhomedir Create home directories for users on their first login -N, --no-ntp Do not configure NTP --no-ui-redirect Do not automatically redirect to the Web UI. --ssh-trust-dns Configure OpenSSH client to trust DNS SSHFP records. --no-ssh Do not configure OpenSSH client. --no-sshd Do not configure OpenSSH server. --skip-conncheck Skip connection check to remote master -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input CERTIFICATE SYSTEM OPTIONS --skip-schema-check Skip check for updated CA DS schema on the remote master DNS OPTIONS --setup-dns Generate a DNS zone if it does not exist already and configure the DNS server. This option requires that you either specify at least one DNS forwarder through the --forwarder option or use the --no-forwarders option. --forwarder=IP_ADDRESS Add a DNS forwarder to the DNS configuration. You can use this option multiple times to specify more forwarders, but at least one must be provided, unless the --no-forwarders option is specified. --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders. Root DNS servers will be used instead. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create new reverse DNS zone. If a reverse DNS zone already exists for the subnet, it will be used. --no-host-dns Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation --no-dns-sshfp Do not automatically create DNS SSHFP records. EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred 3 if the host exists in the IPA server or a replication agreement to the remote master already exists IPA
May 16 2012 ipa-replica-install(1)