Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers netstat error(getnameinfo failed) Post 302292481 by crackthehit007 on Saturday 28th of February 2009 04:58:07 AM
Old 02-28-2009
netstat error(getnameinfo failed)

[root@a etc]# netstat -a > /test/a
getnameinfo failed
getnameinfo failed
getnameinfo failed
getnameinfo failed
getnameinfo failed

command is working fine (as i get output in file /test/a)

[root@a etc]# dig -x 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> -x 10.203.xxx.xxx
;; global options: printcmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat error

Hi all, recently on my Sun Solaris 8 server this error message appeared:$ netstat -i > ip open: Permission denied > can't open mib stream: Bad file number > The server was rebooted recently and this error has only popped up since then. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

2. AIX

Error - Symbol Resolution Failed

Hi All, I am trying to run sqlplus on my AIX 5L box but following errors are thrown: $ sqlplus exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sqlplus because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /usr/lib/libc.a because: 0509-136 Symbol kaio_rdwr64 (number 0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing failed FTP error

Hi All, Please check the below ftp related job, which is deleting the files from remote host. Problem is it is not capturing the ftp failure error, and the exit status is still '0' eventhough the deletable files are not present in remote location OR ftp credential are incorrect. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Compilation failed error

Hi, I have installed automake in one of HP-UX boxes using swinstall command. But when i issue automake it gives the following error message. Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/share/automake-1.10 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/PA-RISC2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Pla help - urgent-netstat error--- cant open mib stream

Hi, When i type netstat command as normal user it shows following error $ netstat arp open: Permission denied can't open mib stream I can execute the command as root user.. Pls reply at the earliest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadivukumar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nestat error (getnameinfo failed)

# netstat -a > /test/a getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed command is working fine (as i get output in file /test/a) # dig -x 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> -x 10.203.xxx.xxx ;; global... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies
pure-authd(8)							     Pure-FTPd							     pure-authd(8)

NAME
pure-authd - External authentication agent for Pure-FTPd. SYNTAX
pure-authd [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-B] <-s /path/to/socket> -r /program/to/run DESCRIPTION
pure-authd is a daemon that forks an authentication program, waits for an authentication reply, and feed them to an application server. pure-authd listens to a local Unix socket. A new connection to that socket should feed pure-authd the following structure : account:xxx password:xxx localhost:xxx localport:xxx peer:xxx end (replace xxx with appropriate values) . localhost, localport and peer are numeric IP addresses and ports. peer is the IP address of the remote client. These arguments are passed to the authentication program, as environment variables : AUTHD_ACCOUNT AUTHD_PASSWORD AUTHD_LOCAL_IP AUTHD_LOCAL_PORT AUTHD_REMOTE_IP AUTHD_ENCRYPTED The authentication program should take appropriate actions to fetch account info according to these arguments, and reply to the standard output a structure like the following one : auth_ok:1 uid:42 gid:21 dir:/home/j end auth_ok:xxx If xxx is 0, the user was not found (the next authentication method passed to pure-ftpd will be tried) . If xxx is -1, the user was found, but there was a fatal authentication error : user is root, password is wrong, account has expired, etc (next authentication methods will not be tried) . If xxx is 1, the user was found and successfully authenticated. uid:xxx The system uid to be assigned to that user. Must be > 0. gid:xxx The primary system gid. Must be > 0. dir:xxx The absolute path to the home directory. Can contain /./ for a chroot jail. slow_tilde_expansion:xxx (optional, default is 1) When the command 'cd ~user' is issued, it's handy to go to that user's home directory, as expected in a shell environment. But fetching account info can be an expensive operation for non-system accounts. If xxx is 0, 'cd ~user' will expand to the system user home directory. If xxx is 1, 'cd ~user' won't expand. You should use 1 in most cases with external authentication, when your FTP users don't match system users. You can also set xxx to 1 if you're using slow nss_* system authentication modules. throttling_bandwidth_ul:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for uploads, in bytes per second. throttling_bandwidth_dl:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for downloads, in bytes per second. user_quota_size:xxx (optional) The maximal total size for this account, in bytes. user_quota_files:xxx (optional) The maximal number of files for this account. ratio_upload:xxx (optional) radio_download:xxx (optional) The user must match a ratio_upload:ratio_download ratio. Only one authentication program is forked at a time. It must return quickly. OPTIONS
-u <uid> Have the daemon run with that uid. -g <gid> Have the daemon run with that gid. -B Fork in background (daemonization). -s </path/to/socket> Set the full path to the local Unix socket. -R </path/to/program> Set the full path to the authentication program. -h Output help information and exit. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-authd -s /var/run/ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/my-auth-program & pure-ftpd -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock & /usr/bin/my-auth-program can be as simple as : #! /bin/sh echo 'auth_ok:1' echo 'uid:42' echo 'gid:21' echo 'dir:/home/j' echo 'end' AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2389, RFC 2228 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-authd(8)