Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote access from Windows 2000 into Solaris 8 Post 302289451 by Kevin1166 on Thursday 19th of February 2009 03:37:56 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Remote access from Windows 2000 into Solaris 8

All,

I am looking for the easiest solution that will let me remote access from a Windows 2000 client into a Solaris 8 server. Any suggestions?

Thanks Kevin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dual boot windows 2000 and solaris 8

Hello I recently purchased solaris 8 and I want to dual boot with windows 2000. What is the easiest way to install the solaris OS with the existing windows 2000? mogfog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogfog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access FreeBSD (BSD) partition from Windows NT/2000/XP

Hello, I have already installed FreeBSD into my hard disk. In one partition I have Windows 2000, and on another FreeBSD. I can access Windows partition from FreeBSD, but is there any way to access FreeBSD partition from Windows? I know how to access Linux (ext/ext2) partition from Win, there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aoidas
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote hosts access problem on solaris

hey guys, i am on a box named pluto and i need to be able to log into another box named genesis. i need to be able to ssh into genesis as root and not get asked for the password. what file do i need to edit on genesis to make this happen? i searched for the .rhosts file it doesn't seem to exist.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris GUI on a Windows 2000 box

I have a Sunfire V240 installed with Solaris 10. They are networked together and connected to a hub. They can ping eachothers IP address. I am trying to get a GUI from the V240 to display on the Windows 2000 box. Can someone please give me some step-by-step instructions on how to achieve... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: acme420
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to transfer files from Windows 2000 Server to Sun Solaris..

Dear Friends, I need to transfer few files from a Windows 2000 server to Sun Solaris system, connected in the same network. This copy should be done as a batch job without asking for password to be entered every time. How to make this possible ??? At present I am using cygwin in my laptop... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Remote Access using GUI from one Solaris to another one

hi gyus, i'm trying to login trough GUI (using login screen, instead to login to locahost I login to remote host) from on Solaris 10 to another one. You know, I see the remote host in the host list, but It's not possible to login since the screen keeps black and after that get back to the former... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daninx
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Shell - Remote access

Hi all; I'm looking for free access to the Solaris operating system. I have no way to install at home (even on a virtual machine). I been developing BOINC project (OProject@Home: site: oproject.goldbach.pl). I would like to compile and test programs on Solaris. Can someone provide a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rysiu
9 Replies
package-appclient(1M)					    Application Server Utility					     package-appclient(1M)

NAME
package-appclient - packs the application client container libraries and jar files SYNOPSIS
package-appclient Use the package-appclient command to pack the application client container libraries and jar files into an appclient.jar file. The created file is located at appserver_install_dir/lib/appclient/appclient.jar. The appclient.jar file provides an application client container package targeted at remote hosts that do not contain a server installation. The appclient.jar archive contains native code and can be used on a target machine that is of similar architecture as the machine where it was produced. So, for example, an appclient.jar produced on a Solaris SPARC platform cannot be used on a Windows client machine. After copying the appclient.jar file to a remote location, unjar it to get a set of libraries and jar files in the appclient directory After unjarring on the client machine, modify appclient_install_dir/config/asenv.conf (asenv.bat for Windows) as follows: o set AS_WEBSERVICES_LIB to appclient_install_dir/lib o set AS_NSS to appclient_install_dir/lib (appclient_install_dirin for Windows) o set AS_IMQ_LIB to appclient_install_dir/imq/lib o set AS_INSTALL to appclient_install_dir o set AS_JAVA to your JDK 1.4 home directory o set AS_ACC_CONFIG to appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml Modify appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml as follows: o Ensure the DOCTYPE file references appclient_install_dir/lib/dtds o Ensure that target-server address attribute refrences the server machine. o Ensure that target-server port attribute refrences the ORB port on the remote machine. o Ensure that log-service references a log file; if the user wants to put log messages to a log file. Modify appclient_install_dir/bin/appclient (appclient.bat for Windows) as follows: o change token %CONFIG_HOME% to appclient_install_dir/config ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ appclient(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 package-appclient(1M)