Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Volume problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Volume problem Post 302288326 by Saurabh78 on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 02:35:11 AM
Old 02-17-2009
Volume problem

WE are working on Mac and our end user getting a problem. WE are thinking, it due to the volume related.
He changed his HD name and anyhow the same disk is replicated on the system but have not any mount point. Anyone knows how to do it on my system. Or anything related on it. The disk information is as

Volumes:
HD:
Capacity: 107.64 B
Available: 72.7GB
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk0s2
Mount Point: /

Volumes:
disk0s2:
Capacity: 107.64 B
Available: 72.7GB
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem syncing logical volume in root vg

Hello. I have a test server that I'm messing around with, and just recently received an error on startup that a logical volume in the root volume group couldn't be re-synchronized. Server boots fine, as the root vg is mirrored, but I'd like to get rid of the error. Here are the details: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt.d
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ownership problem using a CIFS-mounted volume

Hello, I am trying to use a storage service for backing large amounts (terabytes) of data. The service uses Linux machines and allows mounting of their disks using the CIFS/SMB protocol. I do have the option of using rsync directly over the network without mounting. But in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
4 Replies

5. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

6. Solaris

problem in volume resizing in veritas

Hi all i have a veritas volume with the size of 600MB and formatted with vxfs filesystem. I want to grow the filesystem to 700MB. I knew that three ways are there to resize. vxresize, vxvol and vxassit. vxresize works fine. I want to try the same thing with vxvol and vxassist. Can someone tell me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Veritas volume manager installation problem in Intel machine

i have downloaded veritas storage foundation 5.1 sp1 from veritas website. when i tried to install veritas through the installation script.. installation proceeds fine and then when it reaches Installing VRTSsfmh package - it doesnt proceed further it is stuck with this package. when i checked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
vrnotify(1M)															      vrnotify(1M)

NAME
vrnotify - display Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) events SYNOPSIS
vrnotify [-g diskgroup] [-n number] [-t timeout] [rvg1 rvg2...] DESCRIPTION
The vrnotify utility displays events related to Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) as managed by the Volume Replicator administrative daemon, vradmind. The vrnotify command is a VVR-specific utility and requires a valid VVR license. A Replicated Data Set (RDS) is comprised of a Replicated Volume Group (RVG) on the Primary host and its counterparts on the Secondary hosts. Note: An RDS is a concept used in vradmin; it is not a VVR object. The vradmind daemon distributes VVR related events to Primary and Secondary hosts in the RDS. The vrnotify command displays events for one or more RDS. The rvg argument is the name of a replicated volume group (RVG) on the local host that specifies the RDS on the local host. rvg determines a default local disk group, according to the standard disk group selection rules described in vxintro(1M). You can specify a specific local disk group using the -g diskgroup option. The vrnotify command displays each event on a new line using the following format: host-name:event-type:rds-name:Event Message The following event types may be displayed: o resync_started o resync_stopped o resync_paused o lat_throttle_on o lat_throttle_off o lat_throttle_override o lat_throttle_fail o srlprot_throttle_on o srlprot_throttle_off o srlprot_override o srlprot_fail o srl_overflow o srlprot_dcm_on o srlprot_dcm_off o rlk_connect o rlk_disconnect o srl_log_warn OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the disk group for the operation, either by disk group ID or by disk group name. By default, the disk group is chosen based on the RDS rvg (if any). -n number Displays the indicated number of events, then exits. -t timeout Displays events for up to timeout seconds, then exits. The -n and -t options can be combined to specify a maximum number of events and a maximum timeout to wait before exiting. FILES
/var/vx/vras/log Directory containing log files for vradmind server. EXIT CODES
The vrnotify utility exits with a status of 1 if the attempted operation fails. This exit code is the same for all problems. SEE ALSO
vradmin(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vrnotify(1M)