Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find and lsof
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and lsof Post 302287961 by gauravacl on Monday 16th of February 2009 05:17:17 AM
Old 02-16-2009
Hi Arun,

If you are able to get the PID of the process you are concerned with then you get the "Files belonging to PID" using following command

lsof -p <PID>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to link lsof and find cmd?

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also to avoid file system being hung-up. Finding the process id: is to kill the process Finding the biggest file: is to remove the file To get the process... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof and have to find file, pid

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. pid=`lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about lsof

Hi, I typed lsof -i :80 in my putty but i am not able to get sockets related to port 80 Can any one help me out soon Can anyone point out the reason for not able to get the related sockets Output of what i am getting in my putty is displayed below training@use:~> lsof -i :80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

lsof in HP-UX

In Linux and Solaris lsof accepts the -X switch which allows to see if deleted files are still in use and eat disk space. In HP-UX it is now working and it is a problem... today one of my filesystems on the server was increasing very fast but existing file sizes were not really changing. lsof shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vorb
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Lsof output

This is abridged lsof output from my safari process: Safari 13063 owner 9u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1293 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9b7534eab Safari 13063 owner 10u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be0933 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be1423 Safari 13063 owner 11u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1423 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakurashinken
1 Replies
PLDD(1) 							 Linux User Manual							   PLDD(1)

NAME
pldd - display dynamic shared objects linked into a process SYNOPSIS
pldd pid pldd option DESCRIPTION
The pldd command displays a list of the dynamic shared objects that are linked into the process with the specified process ID. The list includes the libraries that have been dynamically loaded using dlopen(3). OPTIONS
-?, --help Display program help message. --usage Display a short usage message. -V, --version Display the program version. EXIT STATUS
On success, pldd exits with the status 0. If the specified process does not exist, the user does not have permission to access its dynamic shared object list, or no command-line arguments are supplied, pldd exists with a status of 1. If given an invalid option, it exits with the status 64. VERSIONS
pldd is available since glibc 2.15. CONFORMING TO
The pldd command is not specified by POSIX.1. Some other systems have a similar command. NOTES
The command lsof -p PID also shows output that includes the dynamic shared objects that are linked into a process. The gdb(1) info shared command also shows the shared libraries being used by a process, so that one can obtain similar output to pldd using a command such as the following (to monitor the process with the specified pid): $ gdb -ex "set confirm off" -ex "set height 0" -ex "info shared" -ex "quit" -p $pid | grep '^0x.*0x' BUGS
Since glibc 2.19, pldd is broken: it just hangs when executed. It is unclear if it will ever be fixed. EXAMPLE
$ echo $$ # Display PID of shell 1143 $ pldd $$ # Display DSOs linked into the shell 1143: /usr/bin/bash linux-vdso.so.1 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libdl.so.2 /lib64/libc.so.6 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /lib64/libnss_files.so.2 SEE ALSO
ldd(1), lsof(1), dlopen(3), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 PLDD(1)