Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find and lsof
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and lsof Post 302286863 by Arunprasad on Thursday 12th of February 2009 06:49:08 AM
Old 02-12-2009
Java Find and lsof

Hi All,

My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also.

To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command.

lsof -s /home/arun/my_work | awk '{print $7,$2}'| sort -n | tail -1 | awk '{print $2}'

Now i have to get the file name with complete path.
How can i achieve this? [with find command or whatever]
Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to link lsof and find cmd?

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also to avoid file system being hung-up. Finding the process id: is to kill the process Finding the biggest file: is to remove the file To get the process... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof and have to find file, pid

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. pid=`lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about lsof

Hi, I typed lsof -i :80 in my putty but i am not able to get sockets related to port 80 Can any one help me out soon Can anyone point out the reason for not able to get the related sockets Output of what i am getting in my putty is displayed below training@use:~> lsof -i :80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

lsof in HP-UX

In Linux and Solaris lsof accepts the -X switch which allows to see if deleted files are still in use and eat disk space. In HP-UX it is now working and it is a problem... today one of my filesystems on the server was increasing very fast but existing file sizes were not really changing. lsof shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vorb
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Lsof output

This is abridged lsof output from my safari process: Safari 13063 owner 9u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1293 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9b7534eab Safari 13063 owner 10u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be0933 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be1423 Safari 13063 owner 11u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1423 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakurashinken
1 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 TRUNCATE(1)