Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to SCP a file to multiple servers Post 302284899 by avronius on Friday 6th of February 2009 12:55:38 PM
Old 02-06-2009
Code:
#/usr/bin/sh
# This is a script to copy files from one host to a group of hosts

# There are three variables accepted via commandline
# $1 = first parameter (/source_path/source_filename)
# $2 = second parameter (/target_directory/)
# $3 = third paramter (file that contains list of hosts)

SOURCEFILE=$1
TARGETDIR=$2
HOSTFILE=$3

if [ -f $SOURCEFILE ]
then
   printf "File found, preparing to transfer\n"
   while read server
   do
      scp -p $SOURCEFILE ${server}:$TARGETDIR
   done < $HOSTFILE
else
   printf "File \"$SOURCEFILE\" not found\n"
   exit 0
fi
exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script ftp multiple servers

Hi guys , i have 1 problem and no find what is the problem...:confused:, and .netrc is configured and correct permissions... REMOTE="/home/user" LISTADO=`cat /root/home/user/LISTADO.txt` MACHINE=$(echo $i|awk 'FS="|" {print $1}') for i in $LISTADO do ftp $MACHINE <<TER passive prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esquizo000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script to copy code to multiple servers

Hi, I am new to scripting and i am trying to use below script to copy code to multiple servers and multiple locations on each server. the script is not working or doesnt give any error. Any help is appreciated. basically i want a script to get the code from a location (dir below) and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron0612
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping multiple servers

Hi I did the following script to ping multiple servers, but I keep on receiveing duplicate emails for one server that is down: #!/bin/bash date cat /var/tmp/servers.list | while read output do ping -c 1 "$output" > /dev/null if ; then echo "node $output is up" else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
MKHOSTS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MKHOSTS(8)

NAME
mkhosts - generate hashed host table SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkhosts [ -v ] hostfile DESCRIPTION
Mkhosts is used to generated the hashed host database used by one version of the library routines gethostbyaddr() and gethostbyname(). It is not used if host name translation is performed by named(8). If the -v option is supplied, each host will be listed as it is added. The file hostfile is usually /etc/hosts, and in any case must be in the format of /etc/hosts (see hosts(5)). Mkhosts will generate database files named hostfile.pag and hostfile.dir. The new database is build in a set of temporary files and only replaces the real database if the new one is built without errors. Mkhosts will exit with a non-zero exit code if any errors are detected. FILES
hostfile.pag - real database filenames hostfile.dir hostfile.new.pag - temporary database filenames hostfile.new.dir SEE ALSO
gethostbyname(3), gettable(8), hosts(5), htable(8), named(8) 4.3 Berkeley Distribution May 23, 1986 MKHOSTS(8)