Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to SCP a file to multiple servers Post 302284658 by sunpraveen on Friday 6th of February 2009 04:01:51 AM
Old 02-06-2009
@ rdlover,

the if construct needs to be closed with a matching fi, which is missing in your code.

eg:

Code:
if [ expr ]
then
command 1
command 2
else
command 3
command 4
fi

HTH, Smilie

Regards,

Praveen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script ftp multiple servers

Hi guys , i have 1 problem and no find what is the problem...:confused:, and .netrc is configured and correct permissions... REMOTE="/home/user" LISTADO=`cat /root/home/user/LISTADO.txt` MACHINE=$(echo $i|awk 'FS="|" {print $1}') for i in $LISTADO do ftp $MACHINE <<TER passive prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esquizo000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script to copy code to multiple servers

Hi, I am new to scripting and i am trying to use below script to copy code to multiple servers and multiple locations on each server. the script is not working or doesnt give any error. Any help is appreciated. basically i want a script to get the code from a location (dir below) and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron0612
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping multiple servers

Hi I did the following script to ping multiple servers, but I keep on receiveing duplicate emails for one server that is down: #!/bin/bash date cat /var/tmp/servers.list | while read output do ping -c 1 "$output" > /dev/null if ; then echo "node $output is up" else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS - set protocols allowed to redirect to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS, long bitmask); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long that holds a bitmask of CURLPROTO_* defines. If used, this bitmask limits what protocols libcurl may use in a transfer that it follows to in a redirect when CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION(3) is enabled. This allows you to limit specific transfers to only be allowed to use a subset of protocols in redirections. Protocols denied by CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS(3) are not overridden by this option. By default libcurl will allow all protocols on redirect except several disabled for security reasons: Since 7.19.4 FILE and SCP are dis- abled, and since 7.40.0 SMB and SMBS are also disabled. CURLPROTO_ALL enables all protocols on redirect, including those disabled for secu- rity. These are the available protocol defines: CURLPROTO_DICT CURLPROTO_FILE CURLPROTO_FTP CURLPROTO_FTPS CURLPROTO_GOPHER CURLPROTO_HTTP CURLPROTO_HTTPS CURLPROTO_IMAP CURLPROTO_IMAPS CURLPROTO_LDAP CURLPROTO_LDAPS CURLPROTO_POP3 CURLPROTO_POP3S CURLPROTO_RTMP CURLPROTO_RTMPE CURLPROTO_RTMPS CURLPROTO_RTMPT CURLPROTO_RTMPTE CURLPROTO_RTMPTS CURLPROTO_RTSP CURLPROTO_SCP CURLPROTO_SFTP CURLPROTO_SMB CURLPROTO_SMBS CURLPROTO_SMTP CURLPROTO_SMTPS CURLPROTO_TELNET CURLPROTO_TFTP DEFAULT
All protocols except for FILE, SCP and since 7.40.0 SMB and SMBS. PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { /* pass in the URL from an external source */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, argv[1]); /* only allow redirects to HTTP and HTTPS URLs */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS, CURLPROTO_HTTP | CURLPROTO_HTTPS); /* Perform the request */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.19.4, before then it would follow all protocols. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 September 21, 2016 CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)