Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse csv file, sha1 hash and output Post 302281215 by FreddyG on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 11:29:36 AM
Old 01-28-2009
i think the command I'm actually going for is sha1sum. When i modified the first snipit you posted to this it seemed to work

Code:
IFS=":" && \
while read name fein
        do echo "$name:"$(sha1sum <<< $fein)
done < raw_data.txt > hashed_data.txt

however, it's getting a newline feed in the hash as well

the accurate hash of
should be
f7c3bc1d808e04732adf679965ccc34ca7ae3441

Code:
echo -n 123456789 | sha1sum

will produce this hash

so need a way to trim the newline feed out of there.

Code:
tr -d '\n'

but where would it go ion the above snipit?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Parse a CSV file into a Different Format

Hi I have a CSV file with me in this format Currency, USD, EUR, USD, 1.00, 1.32, EUR, 0.66, 1.00, How do I transpose the file to get to the format below. currency, currency, rate USD, USD, 1.00 USD, EUR, 1.32 EUR, USD, 0.66 EUR, EUR, 1.00 Thanks for your help We are using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdesiks
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File parse help in Perl

Folks, I have a bit of an issue trying to obtain some data from a csv file using PERL. I can sort the file and remove any duplicates leaving only 4 or 5 rows containing data. My problem is that the data contained in the original file contains a lot more columns and when I try ro run this script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv file

Hi, Our requirement is to parse the input file(.csv format). The each column in the file is delimited with comma. We need to take each column and apply some business validation rule. If data itself contains comma, then those fields are enclosed with double quotes ("). We can see this double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
7 Replies

5. Programming

SHA1 hash calculation

hi i want to generate SHA1 hash of string in Linux (atmark) and downloaded the XYSSL-0.9 version code for the same.i have the algorithm which takes file as argument and returns hash of file . And of same file while I generated the key using online tools then it doesn't match with my compiled... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsaas42
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this file and obtain a .csv or .xls

Hello Expert, I have a file in the following format: SYNTAX_VERSION 5 MONITOR "NAME_TEMPLATES" DESCRIPTION "Monitors for contents of error " INTERVAL "1m" MONPROG "script.sh NAME_TEMPLATES" MAXTHRESHOLD GEN_BELOW_RESET SEVERITY Major ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant-one
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply md5 hash to a field in csv file

I have a .csv file and I want to md5 hash the second column for each row in the file. File is something like data1,foobar1,123,345 data2,foobar2,456,9393 data3,foobar3,1002,10109 Output would be like data1,6c81243028f8e455fa617dd5f0232ce1,123,345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjwags
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to parse data and output to csv

I am not too savvy with arrays and am assuming that what I am looking for needs arrays. This is my requirement. So I have the raw data that gets updated to a log as shown below StudentInfo: FullInfo = { Address = Newark Age = 20 Name= John } StudentInfo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies
textutil::trim(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				 textutil::trim(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::trim - Procedures to trim strings SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::trim ?0.7? ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::trim provides commands that trim strings using arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading and trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This is done for all lines in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? Remove in string any trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix Removes the prefix from the beginning of string and returns the result. The string is left unchanged if it doesn't have prefix at its beginning. ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string Looks for empty lines (including lines consisting of only whitespace) at the beginning of the string and removes it. The modified string is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
prefix, regular expression, string, trimming textutil 0.7 textutil::trim(n)