Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error while zipping files
Operating Systems Solaris Error while zipping files Post 302279070 by Ariean on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 11:43:12 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Error while zipping files

I was trying to remove & archive all the files in the current directory and embed them into the zip file, i mean i don't want to list the files any more after zipping those files. For this i wrote the following code though operation was succeeded zipping all the files and creating a zip file i am seeing an error message, could you please correct me where i am doing wrong.

Code:
[
while read line
do
zip -mqj $zipfilename $line
if [ $? -eq 0 ];then
echo "$line File Has Been Added To The Zip File $zipfilename"
else
echo "Error In Adding $line To The $zipfilename"
fi
done < $archivedir/archivefiles.list
]

Error Message:
[
zip error: Nothing to do! (GPM_090121.zip)
Error In Adding /u02/app/upload/process/2008_04_AM_AP_FI.csv To The GPM_090121.zip
]
for all files same error message

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Dear Experts, I need a script which will zipped the files older than 2 days. but i dont want to use find . * -mtime 2. Is there is any other method to achive this task. i will ececute the script daily. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files?

how would i zip a file? what does zip mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files - Please help me its urgent

Dear all, I have thousands of log files in my log directory which I need to zip them and archive. I tried using zip command. But it is not allowing me to archive it more that 4GB of file size. So how to archive them. If it is not possible how to zip all files in to multiple archive files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Hi, Is there any difference if files are individually zipped and archived in a directory or if files are moved into archiving directory and zipping that directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with zipping files

Hi, I have come across a requirement in which I need to zip files. This is fine but the requriement has one conditions like below: One .z file can not have more than 10,000 files Now in the directory I have several files liek below: aaa_file_10_00001.txt aaa_file_10_00002.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files

Hi All, I have a scenario where in am using uuencode to send a txt file as an excel to end users( email attachment).I have 7 different files and these files are sent as emails 7 times... So my question is, can i not zip all the 7 files at once and attach those files in a single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping files

Hi Guys, The script below works but it creates a zip folder under 123_arch.zip -- test1 -- orig1.txt -- orig2.txt -- orig3.txt -- orig4.txt I don't want the sub directory test1 but everything under the base *arch name I can not create a long name with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryP1973
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping the files with data

I have files a_cd_1.csv a_cd_2.csv a_cd_3.csv I need to zip these files into one zip file a_cd.zip but if no data is there in any of these csv then only csv with data should be zipped. Also these files will always have header record if data is present or not. Please let me know how this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping multiple files individually

Team, I have files like below a1_test.csv a1_test2.csv a1_test3.csv wc -l >1 for all these files and if this condition is satisfied then the files should be zipped like a1_test.zip a1_test2.zip a1_test3.zip Please let me know how to do it in scripting. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
ZIPGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							ZIPGREP(1)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1), zip(1), funzip(1), zipcloak(1), zipinfo(1), zipnote(1), zipsplit(1) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1)