Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to find memory size on solaris zone Post 302278872 by mokkan on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 10:38:13 AM
Old 01-21-2009
How to find memory size on solaris zone

Guys,

How to find memory size on solaris zone? We have total 16 GB and have 3 zone, but not sure how to find memory size for each zone? Please help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Memory usuage per zone in solaris

Hello all, How can i find the memory usuage per zone in solaris. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to find size of memory allocated to a pointer?

Hi, Am new to HP UX , is there a way to find out the size of memory allocated to a pointer on hp ux? For example we can use the _msize() on windows to find the size of memory allocated to a pointer . #include <stdio.h> #include <malloc.h> void main() { void *buffer; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

4. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to change pset.size value in processor set in Solaris zone?

Hi I have a pool name yuk-pool and its associated pset is yuk-pset. It has a min value is 20 and max value is 56. But size field has 48 value . This same pool is assign to 4 local zones. Whenever Cpu usage is high on one local zone it impact the cpu usage at other local zone as well during high... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies
MALLOC_ZONE_MALLOC(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				     MALLOC_ZONE_MALLOC(3)

NAME
malloc_create_zone, malloc_destroy_zone, malloc_default_zone, malloc_zone_from_ptr, malloc_zone_malloc, malloc_zone_calloc, malloc_zone_valloc, malloc_zone_realloc, malloc_zone_memalign, malloc_zone_free -- zone-based memory allocation SYNOPSIS
#include <malloc/malloc.h> malloc_zone_t * malloc_create_zone(vm_size_t start_size, unsigned flags); void malloc_destroy_zone(malloc_zone_t *zone); malloc_zone_t * malloc_default_zone(void); malloc_zone_t * malloc_zone_from_ptr(const void *ptr); void * malloc_zone_malloc(malloc_zone_t *zone, size_t size); void * malloc_zone_calloc(malloc_zone_t *zone, size_t num_items, size_t size); void * malloc_zone_valloc(malloc_zone_t *zone, size_t size); void * malloc_zone_realloc(malloc_zone_t *zone, void *ptr, size_t size); void * malloc_zone_memalign(malloc_zone_t *zone, size_t alignment, size_t size); void malloc_zone_free(malloc_zone_t *zone, void *ptr); DESCRIPTION
The malloc_create_zone() function creates a malloc zone, advising an initial allocation of start_size bytes, and specifying flags The returned malloc zone can be used to provide custom allocation and deallocation behavior, and to retrieve additional information about the allocations in that zone. At present there are no client settable flag values recognized by malloc_create_zone(), the flags argument should always be passed as zero. The malloc_destroy_zone() function deallocates all memory associated with objects in zone as well as zone itself. The malloc_default_zone() function returns the default system malloc zone, used by malloc(3), and free(3). The malloc_zone_from_ptr() function returns a pointer to the malloc zone which contains ptr or NULL, if the pointer does not point to an allocated object in any current malloc zone. The malloc_zone_malloc(), malloc_zone_calloc(), malloc_zone_valloc(), malloc_zone_realloc(), malloc_zone_memalign(), and malloc_zone_free() perform the same task on zone as their non-prefixed variants, malloc(3), calloc(3), valloc(3), realloc(3), posix_memalign(3), and free(3) perform on the default system malloc zone. RETURN VALUES
The malloc_create_zone(), malloc_default_zone(), and malloc_zone_from_ptr() functions return a pointer to a malloc_zone_t structure, or NULL if there was an error. The malloc_zone_malloc(), malloc_zone_calloc(), malloc_zone_valloc(), malloc_zone_realloc(), and malloc_zone_memalign() functions return a pointer to allocated memory. If there is an error, they return a NULL pointer. They are not required to set errno. SEE ALSO
malloc(3), posix_memalign(3) BSD
Aug 13, 2008 BSD