Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Same time ftp download in perl multiple sites. Post 302277467 by Rhije on Friday 16th of January 2009 11:05:41 AM
Old 01-16-2009
hrm, I'm not really sure. I am not the biggest perl guru, so that is why I suggested the background method.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

When a FTP download is completed

I receive files by FTP in an input directory. Every 10 seconds a process checks if some new file has arrived to the input directory and then the process moves them to another directory to be read by a second process. The problem is that there is no way to know if the download has finished... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ftp Download Problem

FROM WINDOWS , WHILE GETTING DATA FROM HP-UNIX SERVER USING FTP, I AM ABLE TO GET DATA ONLY LESS THAN 4GB FILE, PLZ HELP ME HOW TO GET MORE MORE THAN 4GB FILE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Corrupted Download with Net::FTP (perl)

Hello, I am trying to download several files from a remote FTP server using Net::FTP from within a perl script. The files download alright, except they appear to be corrupted. I know this because once after downloading, I use bzcat to pipe the files to a split command, and bzcat complains saying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp multiple files at the same time

Hi All, I am using ncftpput in one of my c-shell script to upload files to a remote location. The source files keep coming continuosly and to upload each file ncftpput opens a new connection everytime. It means ncftp uploads the file1 than file2 than file3 .... There is gap 20-25 secs between... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

6. Programming

Multiple sites running off same code

I m interested in making multiple websites, all with the same basic functionality but will have different designs or templates. is there a way they can all run off the same basic underlying code, but use different templates. what is the best method of doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp multiple files one at a time

Hi, I have a problem while ftp'ing zip files one after the other from linux source directory to a ftp host machine. here is the shell script: #!/bin/ksh dir=data/dir1/dir2 # this dir is linux source directory where zip files located. rmtdir='/home/' echo $dir for i in /$dir/*; do if ;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj78
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)