Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Same time ftp download in perl multiple sites. Post 302277446 by Rhije on Friday 16th of January 2009 09:57:20 AM
Old 01-16-2009
Lets see..

So lets call the perl script that does all the ftp stuff, ftp.pl

In the ftp.pl , the script allows 1 argument, that is the site that is needing to be transfered to/from.

Code:
hostfile="hosts.txt"

for host in `cat $hostfile`; do
     perl ftp.pl $host &
done

That is assuming that you have all of the hosts inside of a file called hosts.txt (that way you can just add append additional hosts to the bottom). Easy as pie. If you want, you can use rsync, scp, rcp..whatever in linux.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

When a FTP download is completed

I receive files by FTP in an input directory. Every 10 seconds a process checks if some new file has arrived to the input directory and then the process moves them to another directory to be read by a second process. The problem is that there is no way to know if the download has finished... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ftp Download Problem

FROM WINDOWS , WHILE GETTING DATA FROM HP-UNIX SERVER USING FTP, I AM ABLE TO GET DATA ONLY LESS THAN 4GB FILE, PLZ HELP ME HOW TO GET MORE MORE THAN 4GB FILE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Corrupted Download with Net::FTP (perl)

Hello, I am trying to download several files from a remote FTP server using Net::FTP from within a perl script. The files download alright, except they appear to be corrupted. I know this because once after downloading, I use bzcat to pipe the files to a split command, and bzcat complains saying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp multiple files at the same time

Hi All, I am using ncftpput in one of my c-shell script to upload files to a remote location. The source files keep coming continuosly and to upload each file ncftpput opens a new connection everytime. It means ncftp uploads the file1 than file2 than file3 .... There is gap 20-25 secs between... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

6. Programming

Multiple sites running off same code

I m interested in making multiple websites, all with the same basic functionality but will have different designs or templates. is there a way they can all run off the same basic underlying code, but use different templates. what is the best method of doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp multiple files one at a time

Hi, I have a problem while ftp'ing zip files one after the other from linux source directory to a ftp host machine. here is the shell script: #!/bin/ksh dir=data/dir1/dir2 # this dir is linux source directory where zip files located. rmtdir='/home/' echo $dir for i in /$dir/*; do if ;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj78
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)