Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Samba on AIX 5.3
Operating Systems AIX Installing Samba on AIX 5.3 Post 302276006 by tgray71 on Monday 12th of January 2009 09:56:02 PM
Old 01-12-2009
Thank you lo-lp-kl,
unfortunately the document did not address my issue. It addresses issues after Samba has been installed on AIX. I have been unable to get that far.

tgray71

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing samba-tng suite

Hello all I am trying to install sara-sans(http://www.cisecurity.org/top20.htm) on a Solaris 9 server. The process highly recommends the installation of samba-tng suite. In the process of installaing samba-tng, "./configure" went smooth. After that while trying to 'make', it is stopped with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

3. AIX

Samba 3.0 and AIX 5.3

I'd like to make my AIX 5.3 box a member of my Windows 2003 AD. Is this possible? If so, what are the steps? What I'm really after is a way for my windows users to access files on my Samba shares with the exact same permissions, owner, etc. as they use when accessing files on a windows directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adamteam
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba on AIX 5.3

I have never installed Samba before and am having trouble. I downloaded the opt-samba-base.tar and the opt-samba-3.0.26a-AIX5 file as well and while it appears they both installed okay but it never created the /etc/samba or /usr/local/samba directories - just the /opt/pware/samba directory. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
2 Replies

5. Solaris

installing samba on solaris 8

i am a rookie so please give every detail... i need help installing samba on my solaris 8 (intel) box so i can share with WXP box. i can get online, but can only see websites as outline\text form but managed to download "samba-latest.tar.z" is this correct? and what is next step to get it up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flir11
1 Replies

6. AIX

Using SAMBA in AIX 5.3

Please help, I'm wicked... :confused: I'm trying to get Samba to work on an IBM pseries machine (AIX 5.3) to provide access to the server for a user to retrieve reports from her WinXP desktop. I've made the proper entires in the smb.conf file and tried runing the smbpasswd command to add the user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trandall
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing SWAT to administer Samba

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5.2 for a specific reason. Anyway I would really like to use SWAT to administer Samba. Samba is currently installed and working almost successfully however SWAT would make life a bit easier. I have tried rpm -ivh samba-swat but it can't find the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drag0n
1 Replies

8. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

9. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
REGPATCH(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						       REGPATCH(1)

NAME
regpatch - Applies registry patches to registry files SYNOPSIS
regpatch [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] [patch-file] DESCRIPTION
The regpatch utility applies registry patches to Windows registry files. The patch files should have the same format as is being used by the regdiff utility and regedit32.exe from Windows. If no patch file is specified on the command line, regpatch attempts to read it from standard input. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
regdiff, regtree, regshell, gregedit, samba, diff, patch AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regpatch were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 REGPATCH(1)