Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Makefile debug target
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile debug target Post 302275978 by StevenR on Monday 12th of January 2009 06:43:48 PM
Old 01-12-2009
It worked

Hi,

It worked great! Thanks!

Steven

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Hi, I am getting the following error while building on Solaris 64 , while I am trying to build. Error Snippet :- ---------------------- Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop. make: Leaving directory `/work1/patch/vds6053sun64o/vobs/jvi' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshborate
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile: multiple target variable substitution

Greetings! Basically, I would like to properly handle this with gnu make: alltools: my_tool mysecond_tool mythird_tool etc_tool %_tool: dir1/%_tool.vf dir2/%_tool/subdir2/%_tool.ver <tab>@echo done %.vf: <tab>RUN_VF $* %.ver: <tab>RUN_VER $* So, if I were to do something like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harlinator
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting/Modifying variable specific to target in Makefile

Hi, I have a small piece of Makefile script which throw's error on Sun Sparc machine, but works fine with Sun Optron, Linux, AIX machines. FOO=Naveen test1:FOO=Dhilip test1: @echo FOO is ${FOO} test2: @echo Me is ${FOO} Output on Sun Sparc - ukhml-v890new-~/test: make test1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsriram
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MakeFile Backup Target

Goal: I'm trying to create a PHONY target inside my Makefile so that when I run the command "make backup", It will move all the files that end in "~" into the specified backup folder. Here is my code currently, and I'll explain the problem after: .PHONY: backup backup: @mkdir -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xploit
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to define dynamic Target/Prerequisite in Makefile?

I am writing a Makefile for Cobol on Linux.My sample Makefile looks like below. I do not want to Hardcode Program names in Makefile.Is there any way we can mention directories in Target and Prerequisites instead of File names sothat Makefile Pickup all the files in mentioned path as below.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranksb
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error: make -f tsimplex.mk make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'. Stop. OPSYS = $(shell uname -s ) TARGET = tsimplex ROOTDIR = ../../.. GTSDIR =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
gccmakedep(1)						      General Commands Manual						     gccmakedep(1)

NAME
gccmakedep - create dependencies in makefiles using 'gcc -M' SYNOPSIS
gccmakedep [ -sseparator ] [ -fmakefile ] [ -a ] [ -- options -- ] sourcefile ... DESCRIPTION
The gccmakedep program calls 'gcc -M' to output makefile rules describing the dependencies of each sourcefile, so that make(1) knows which object files must be recompiled when a dependency has changed. By default, gccmakedep places its output in the file named makefile if it exists, otherwise Makefile. An alternate makefile may be speci- fied with the -f option. It first searches the makefile for a line beginning with # DO NOT DELETE or one provided with the -s option, as a delimiter for the dependency output. If it finds it, it will delete everything following this up to the end of the makefile and put the output after this line. If it doesn't find it, the program will append the string to the makefile and place the output after that. EXAMPLE
Normally, gccmakedep will be used in a makefile target so that typing 'make depend' will bring the dependencies up to date for the make- file. For example, SRCS = file1.c file2.c ... CFLAGS = -O -DHACK -I../foobar -xyz depend: gccmakedep -- $(CFLAGS) -- $(SRCS) OPTIONS
The program will ignore any option that it does not understand, so you may use the same arguments that you would for gcc(1), including -D and -U options to define and undefine symbols and -I to set the include path. -a Append the dependencies to the file instead of replacing existing dependencies. -fmakefile Filename. This allows you to specify an alternate makefile in which gccmakedep can place its output. Specifying "-" as the file name (that is, -f-) sends the output to standard output instead of modifying an existing file. -sstring Starting string delimiter. This option permits you to specify a different string for gccmakedep to look for in the makefile. The default is "# DO NOT DELETE". -- options -- If gccmakedep encounters a double hyphen (--) in the argument list, then any unrecognized arguments following it will be silently ignored. A second double hyphen terminates this special treatment. In this way, gccmakedep can be made to safely ignore esoteric compiler arguments that might normally be found in a CFLAGS make macro (see the EXAMPLE section above). -D, -I, and -U options appearing between the pair of double hyphens are still processed normally. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), make(1), makedepend(1). AUTHOR
gccmakedep was written by the XFree86 Project based on code supplied by Hongjiu Lu. Colin Watson wrote this manual page, originally for the Debian Project, based partly on the manual page for makedepend(1). XFree86 Version 4.7.0 gccmakedep(1)