Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Makefile debug target
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile debug target Post 302275644 by JerryHone on Sunday 11th of January 2009 06:59:39 PM
Old 01-11-2009
Call the same makefile recursively in the debug target including the required flags. Don't set $(DEBUG) as a macro, but pass it in on the recursive call. Something like...

Quote:
CXX=g++
CXXFLAGS=-ansi -std=c++98 -Wall -W $(DEBUG)
# DEBUG=-g -D DEBUG
OBJS=main.o NgramCreator.o

main: $(OBJS)
$(CXX) $(OBJS) -o $@
$(OBJS): NgramCreator.h
$(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(DEBUG) -c $*.cpp

debug:
$(MAKE) $(MAKEFILE) DEBUG="-g -D DEBUG"
HTH

Jerry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Hi, I am getting the following error while building on Solaris 64 , while I am trying to build. Error Snippet :- ---------------------- Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop. make: Leaving directory `/work1/patch/vds6053sun64o/vobs/jvi' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshborate
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile: multiple target variable substitution

Greetings! Basically, I would like to properly handle this with gnu make: alltools: my_tool mysecond_tool mythird_tool etc_tool %_tool: dir1/%_tool.vf dir2/%_tool/subdir2/%_tool.ver <tab>@echo done %.vf: <tab>RUN_VF $* %.ver: <tab>RUN_VER $* So, if I were to do something like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harlinator
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting/Modifying variable specific to target in Makefile

Hi, I have a small piece of Makefile script which throw's error on Sun Sparc machine, but works fine with Sun Optron, Linux, AIX machines. FOO=Naveen test1:FOO=Dhilip test1: @echo FOO is ${FOO} test2: @echo Me is ${FOO} Output on Sun Sparc - ukhml-v890new-~/test: make test1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsriram
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MakeFile Backup Target

Goal: I'm trying to create a PHONY target inside my Makefile so that when I run the command "make backup", It will move all the files that end in "~" into the specified backup folder. Here is my code currently, and I'll explain the problem after: .PHONY: backup backup: @mkdir -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xploit
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to define dynamic Target/Prerequisite in Makefile?

I am writing a Makefile for Cobol on Linux.My sample Makefile looks like below. I do not want to Hardcode Program names in Makefile.Is there any way we can mention directories in Target and Prerequisites instead of File names sothat Makefile Pickup all the files in mentioned path as below.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranksb
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error: make -f tsimplex.mk make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'. Stop. OPSYS = $(shell uname -s ) TARGET = tsimplex ROOTDIR = ../../.. GTSDIR =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)