Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: path of the kernel...
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat path of the kernel... Post 302275037 by pludi on Friday 9th of January 2009 03:04:58 AM
Old 01-09-2009
  1. It's kernel, not kernal
  2. Location: differs for each variant of UNIX there is. On Linux usually /boot
  3. Install/Update: Check with your supplier/distribution

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

4. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

9. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
LOOKUP_DCOOKIE(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 LOOKUP_DCOOKIE(2)

NAME
lookup_dcookie - return a directory entry's path SYNOPSIS
int lookup_dcookie(u64 cookie, char *buffer, size_t len); DESCRIPTION
Look up the full path of the directory entry specified by the value cookie. The cookie is an opaque identifier uniquely identifying a par- ticular directory entry. The buffer given is filled in with the full path of the directory entry. For lookup_dcookie() to return successfully, the kernel must still hold a cookie reference to the directory entry. RETURN VALUE
On success, lookup_dcookie() returns the length of the path string copied into the buffer. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT The buffer was not valid. EINVAL The kernel has no registered cookie/directory entry mappings at the time of lookup, or the cookie does not refer to a valid direc- tory entry. ENAMETOOLONG The name could not fit in the buffer. ENOMEM The kernel could not allocate memory for the temporary buffer holding the path. EPERM The process does not have the capability CAP_SYS_ADMIN required to look up cookie values. ERANGE The buffer was not large enough to hold the path of the directory entry. VERSIONS
Available since Linux 2.5.43. The ENAMETOOLONG error return was added in 2.5.70. CONFORMING TO
lookup_dcookie() is Linux-specific. NOTES
lookup_dcookie() is a special-purpose system call, currently used only by the oprofile profiler. It relies on a kernel driver to register cookies for directory entries. The path returned may be suffixed by the string " (deleted)" if the directory entry has been removed. COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2004-06-17 LOOKUP_DCOOKIE(2)