Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV formatting with prefixing, appending and padding field Post 302274658 by summer_cherry on Thursday 8th of January 2009 05:04:27 AM
Old 01-08-2009
Code:
sed 's/\(....\)\(.*\)/\2      \1/' a.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping padding in a date field

Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with a script, i need to get the day, month and day of month into a string, so i'm using: CURRENT_DATE=`date +"%a %b %e"` It is getting the correct date out, however it is not keeping the padding on the day of month. The %e is supposed to pad the day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanbyrne
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help appending a string to a field

Hi, This is driving me nuts, can't think of any easy way to do it. I need to append a string ".00" only in the third field of a file, and only if it does NOT have a decimal point already Here is what the file looks like- 1400030846,2,17,POL GENERAL 1400030900,3,14.95,FIC GENERAL If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfisk
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 1st field in a file into 2nd field in another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amurib
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with appending to a csv file

I am working to import a file and have almost all the information accounted for except this last item. First of all the file name is the category and this is what I need to append to the file. The catch I believe is the fact the file name has spaces in it. Filename CPU Products.csv File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkr1ptd
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a parameter value to a .csv file???

Hi I have a date which I get as parameter. I want it to be added as first column in all the rows in a csv file. I have tried the below code but no success. date=$1 awk -F"," '{print $date","$0}' z3.csv > z4.csv Could you tell the correct code for the above req.? How to use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msp2244
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending = in particular column in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to append = in particular row in csv file. Data in csv is as follow: row1,a,a,a row2,b,b,b row3,c,c,c row4,d,d,d csv should be modified at row3 and no. of columns are not fixed but rows are. output should be as: row1,a,a,a row2,b,b,b row3,=c,=c,=c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort, sed, and zero padding date column csv bash scripting

Hello people, I am having problem to sort, sed and zero padding of column in csv file. 7th column only. Input of csv file: 1,2,3,4,5,6,4/1/2010 12:00 AM,8 1,2,3,4,5,6,3/11/2010 9:39 AM,8 1,2,3,4,5,6,5/12/2011 3:43 PM,8 1,2,3,4,5,6,12/20/2009 7:23 PM,8 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sean1357
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding a csv value with 0's

I have this csv file that I would like to sort on the 20th and 21st field. They are high lighted below. My challenge is that when I sort on those fields they are not in order as I would have liked. It seems like I have to pad those fields to the longest value in that fields data. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
6 Replies

9. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)