Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How do I set the block size in ZFS? Post 302274198 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 02:47:01 AM
Old 01-07-2009
download the zfs admin guide and search for "blocksize":

http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/819-5461/819-5461.pdf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validation: set field size to 6 digits

I'm curious, how would I set validation on a field size to make sure it only ever accepts a 6 digit number? I currently have validation for it to be an integer in place but can't find anywhere that says how to make it only a length of 6 digits. any tips on the function I should be focussing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nortypig
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set font size

can any one tell me how to set the font size in unix? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set size in logrotate.conf

Hi,guys: recently,i am puzzled by a question .when i create a new file named by /etc/logrotate.d/debug. The cont. is listed as follow: /var/log/debug { rotate 3 missingok notifempty size=2k prerotate /bin/kill -HUP `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: icehero
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to set size of browser window in mwm?

Hi, When I launch firefox in mwm on VectorLinux 5.8, its window borders stretch just a bit beyond the screen size. My resolution is 800x600. How do I fix this issue so that it always stays within the screen when I launch it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixusr
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set block size for CPIO in HPUX

Hi, One of our internal tool runs cpio command to archive certain files, but I receive an error as follows. CPIO Failure (operation would block) When i debugged, i assume that this an error due to block size.. My question are, How to find the block size in HP-UX?? How to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set VI editor column size on Solaris?

I am setting the size using "stty columns 120" . But I still get the prompt saying "terminal too wide " when I am in vi. is there any time limit for this setting? how to set the column size to 120 permanently? Thanks in advance, Devi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkdevi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS : Can arc size value exceed Physical RAM ?

Hi, kstat -p -m zfs -n arcstats -s size returns zfs:0:arcstats:size 8177310584 this values is approx (7.61 GB) but my Physical Memory size is only 6144 Megabytes. Can this happen ? if yes, then how can I find free memory on the system. BTW, I ran the kstat commands from a Non... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapre_amit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

About Block Size and Fragment Size

Accordingly a lot of manuals - if you have block size 8KB and trying to write a 1KB file to the block, as result you waste 7KB of the block space. But recently I noticed about Fragments of File Block. In same case if you have File Block 8KB and Fragment size 1KB - you can save your block space,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Zfs rpool size

Hi everyone, I am doing housekeeping of my Solaris 11 for zfs snapshot to reduce the snapshot size. I have already cleared the / file system, however the rpool size still not reduced. Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)