Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compile a shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compile a shell script Post 302268710 by zaxxon on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 06:59:31 AM
Old 12-16-2008
Yes I saw that you don't have it installed. But showing it works with ksh could have made you installing/compiling it or something so.. Smilie
I know no alternative. Maybe write it in perl and compile it with perlcc or directly in C. Maybe someone else comes up with another suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile includes and shell environment during compile

Below is the top of my Makefile. On one machine, I have mysql_config5, and another, I have mysql_config. In my .bashrc file of one UNIX machine, I added an alias so that that mysql_config5 is mysql_config, however, when I do make, it doesn't use that environment and I get compile errors, unless I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pyramation
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile or debug line by line in shell script?

I know about bash -x, set -x and -v but disappears from Command Line Interface in fraction of second ...... I am looking for a command or script ..complies each line and shows the output after executing each line ....( similar what we have in C ) Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this Bash shell compile directories?

Hello I'm having a problem trying to get this Bash shell program to function properly. Purpose: In the current directory, more into the sub-directories and compile the .c files. Heres my code: #!/bin/bash wd=$(pwd) for i do cd ${i} gcc *.c cd $wd done Then I save it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to compile .sh script using g++?

Hi guys, Can you please help with compiling 123.sh file using g++? The idea is to make 123.sh not readable (make it kind of binary). Is there any idea ho to achieve this? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
18 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)